Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Anzac Day at Greenmount

Article about: * * She was with many youngs from Australia.

Default On the French TV today

She was with many youngs from Australia.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Thank God for the ANZACS!!! Almost as good as the Canadians, and in some cases BETTER!!!!!!

Just Keeping the WW1 rivaliy alive, as the ANZACS and CEF did, both during the War And After!!!

Just My Thoughts!!!

And before some may take this the wrong way, I mean NO DISRESPECT..I HONOUR them Today and when I Visit Their last Resting Places in France and Belgium.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

?

Took me awhile to find these for the ANZACS, but I think well worth the effort!!!
    I may have posted these before, if I have I am sorry for doing it again..however as you can see, a bus load of People from the ANZAC area where there just before me..the Flags show it ALL

Day 1 015.jpgDay 1 012.jpgDay 1 016.jpgDay 1 013.jpgDay 1 010.jpgDay 1 014.jpgDay 1 011.jpg

Just My Thoughts Again

Dean O
    Ajax Canada
    Attached Images Attached Images

As a French, I don't know what it was....But TV is here
    Took me awhile to find these for the ANZACS, but I think well worth the effort

shame on me...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Great photos, thanks for posting them. My Great Grand Father fought at Poziere with the 28th Battalion A.I.F. He was one of the lucky ones, wounded four times on four separate occasions including a gunshot wound to the head and two stints in hospital in France and two in London. He got home, had he not I would not be here writing this.

It's hard to imagine now with the peaceful looking farmland nowdays. Interesting photos, thanks Dean. My grandmother's brother was killed not far from Pozieres, at Moquet Farm, a bit later on. He was 38 when he signed up and was hit by a shell in his first battle. I'm not well versed in WW1 history, but I know the Canadians were at Moquet Farm as well.

Cheers, Willie.

Quote by willie45 View Post
    It's hard to imagine now with the peaceful looking farmland nowdays. Interesting photos, thanks Dean. My grandmother's brother was killed not far from Pozieres, at Moquet Farm, a bit later on. He was 38 when he signed up and was hit by a shell in his first battle. I'm not well versed in WW1 history, but I know the Canadians were at Moquet Farm as well.

Cheers, Willie.
    Interestingly my Great Grandfather was also 38 when he joined the 9th Reinforcements, he had also served in the Boar War.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Interestingly my Great Grandfather was also 38 when he joined the 9th Reinforcements, he had also served in the Boar War.
    Lucky for you, Dave, that he survived two wars.
    I guess my Great Uncle Jack, being a single man, thought he'd do his bit. At his age, I'd bet a few people would have tried to talk him out of it.

I'm not sure if this newspaper article about him is a high enough resolution to read properly. It's not too bad expanded and using the magnification setting.

Jack Savage, newspaper article.jpg

Cheers, Willie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2