Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Argentinian Archaeologists Discover "Secret Nazi Lair".

Article about: Hi Guys, A vaguely interesting article in the Daily Telegraph today reports that Argentinian urban archaeologists have discovered buildings thought to have been built "half way through

Default Argentinian Archaeologists Discover "Secret Nazi Lair".

Hi Guys,

A vaguely interesting article in the Daily Telegraph today reports that Argentinian urban archaeologists have discovered buildings thought to have been built "half way through the war" for the "Top leaders" of the Reich to escape to in the event of defeat. The site is in jungle at the northern most end of the country on the border with Paraguay. I personally think having read the article and another similar in the Israeli newspaper Haaretz that the site may be more closely linked to either mining or civil engineering projects that involved German nationals as Argentina was a neutral country until March 1945. Prior to that they supplied export products to both sides (but weighted more so to the axis countries), and was also heavily influenced in it's military structure by German military traditions amongst the armies hierarchy dating back to pre WW1.

But whatever the truth may be, and whether the facts of this story even bear up to close scrutiny, remains to be seen.

Video: Argentine archaeologists find secret Nazi lair in jungle - Telegraph

And the Haaretz article that claims there were up to 18,000 German immigrants living in the area since 1940 of this "Secret Nazi Lair", which indicates to me a probable more mundane answer to the archaeologists headline grabbing claims.

*Advertisement

Incredible discovery that may add fuel to the conspiracy theories that Hitler escaped to Argentina? Or more likely a German immigrant enclave? Only YOU can decide.....

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 03-24-2015 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Spellink.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Looks like there could have been a Brit Nazi there as well Ned...unless the penny was for a toilet break in the UK before that arduous journey across the water.

Cheers
    Doug

?

No we only wait for the discovery channels next "almost" truthful documentary.....