Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Arnold Ridley Dad's Army

Article about: Close OptionsShareSendLike Photos of The History Of Wednesbury As the new Dad’s Army film is about to be released we remember Pte Godfrey, played by Arnold Ridley, who was the only member of

Cheers guys but all i did was a copy and paste, i just thought it was worth sharing. I hope all our non British members here get to see a few episodes of the original series as it's a real TV classic, i'm quite annoyed that this new film has appeared, maybe i'm just an old Luddite!...

Quote by James C View Post
    Many thanks for the thread paul ive learned a lot on the man might go and see the new film tonight ,im just wondering if we will see swastika's in the opening scenes like the original series
    I am not sure about this film to be honest, I do hope they have not cleaned it of its WW2 historical context as it were, you know what things are like these days, the Germans were not that bad after all were they .....

in the us version shown the U boat captain was mindy's dad in mork and mindy

Nice article Gunny, As a point of interest Arnold Ridleys great Niece is Daisey Ridley who plays Rey in the new star wars movie ! Cheers,Paul

Well, she's set for life now!
    I remember now that I saw a play written by Arnold Ridley some 35 years ago at a local theatre, 'Ghost Train'-darkly comic doings involving Bolshies...

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Well, she's set for life now!
    I remember now that I saw a play written by Arnold Ridley some 35 years ago at a local theatre, 'Ghost Train'-darkly comic doings involving Bolshies...
    That play was I think, also a film, sadly for Arnold, he had let the rights go and made very little from his most successful writing! Leon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2