Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Artificialy raised prices on the market?

Article about: Hey, so I was recently browsing on a relics seller , when I noticed that many of the items where wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced. And I mean it overpriced, like German helmets (which looked like

?

Default Artificialy raised prices on the market?

Hey, so I was recently browsing on a relics seller , when I noticed that many of the items where wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced. And I mean it overpriced, like German helmets (which looked like they would disappear if I looked at them the wrong way) for 40plus usd, and German muzzles for 200usd? And these items weren’t the only ones, and that’s the thing about many of these big militaria sellers, there prices aren’t propercional to the actual value of the item. And the terrible thing about this, is that many people will see these prices and think they are the market prices, and then they will try to sell these items for the same prices. For example, I know a guy who has been trying to sell a non special relic stahlhelm for 100euro, even though it isn’t in good condition. He’s trying to sell it for over a year. This thread should be a lesson for all militaria sellers. Do not bs your prices, or nobody will buy the product. Raul

The (monetary) value of these items is how much or how little people are willing to pay for them. Prices will remain high, if not increase, as long as there are people who buy them. I don't think it's a matter of "artificially" raising prices, in my opinion it's just a strategy used by dealers to profit from the high demand for militaria, which although frustrating for those of us with tight budgets, it's still legitimate IMHO.