MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Australlian Jacket. Military?

Article about: Hello everyone, hope you are enjoying your sunday! Today we picked up this lovely looking tunic. N.S.W so i'm assuming New South Wales? We're not sure if it's military or the age? I can't se

Default Australlian Jacket. Military?

Hello everyone, hope you are enjoying your sunday!

Today we picked up this lovely looking tunic. N.S.W so i'm assuming New South Wales?

We're not sure if it's military or the age? I can't seem to find much out about it.

Any suggestions or info would be great.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Australlian Jacket. Military?

Police bandsman's tunic at a guess.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Police bandsman's tunic at a guess.
    Spot on! New South Wales Police Pipe Band. Thanks Jerry, still a nice looking tunic. Looks a bit older than those shown.
    Attached Images Attached Images

A good looking tunic and if the price was right a nice addition to any collection IMHO. Collectors of Police items would probably be very happy to add it to their collections I would think.
    Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry, not normally one to talk about prices but as i have no idea on value of this one, i paid £40. I consider this to be pretty decent for this, its nice looking and feels quality. Not the normal piece of militaria but i like it so will be keeping hold of it

I am not up on prices for Police items and this strikes me as being somewhat of an uncommonly seen example of the genre, but £40 sounds like a good price and possible a bit of a bargain.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Going By the patch on the upper arm...1960/70s....my dad was a NSW policeman....I have all his old insignia from the 60,s thru to his retirement in 2006

Very nice tunic mate it just has that look to it i would say it is from maybe around the 1950s maybe earlier !! also on a personal note i have sent you an email !!!!

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I am not up on prices for Police items and this strikes me as being somewhat of an uncommonly seen example of the genre, but £40 sounds like a good price and possible a bit of a bargain.
    Thanks, i have no idea of value for these items, it was just a case of, i saw it, i liked it, and the price didn't scare me

- - Updated - -

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Going By the patch on the upper arm...1960/70s....my dad was a NSW policeman....I have all his old insignia from the 60,s thru to his retirement in 2006
    Thank you for the info, Im very impressed with the quality. I'm assuming these were tailor made?