Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Austrian Military Merit Cross First Class 1935

Article about: I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this. If it's not, my apologies in advance, and please feel free to relocate to the correct area. I am looking to get information on this me

pkat1
    ?

Default Austrian Military Merit Cross First Class 1935

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this. If it's not, my apologies in advance, and please feel free to relocate to the correct area.

I am looking to get information on this medal and was hoping I could get help from this forum. Information about this medal has been very limited. I have been able to determine that it is an Austrian Military Merit Cross, First Class and I believe it to be from 1935. Other than that, I have not been able to find any further information with regards to who received these, and for what reason. If anyone can direct me to any resources that may provide more information, I would greatly appreciate it.

Merit Cross.jpg

Thanks so much for any information you can provide!

pretty.

pkat1
    ?

Hi, I know it's been a while, so I wanted to refresh this thread to see if anyone could provide any information about this medal.

Thanks!

The double-headed eagle is the coat of arms of the Federal State of Austria which came to power in 1934. The First Republic of Austria only ever used the single headed eagle. If it is from 1935, that would mean the medal was associated with the Federal State of Austria "Bundesstaat Österreich" which was only in power for about 4 years. I can't speak for the originality of the medal since I've never seen one before, but I am a bit concerned about the lack of detail in the Eagle.