Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Article about: Mine changes, right now it's from a near mint Q SS decal from a helmet I own and as SS helmets are my passion/specialty I thought it was appropriate for a few weeks anyway LOL.

Default Avatars: what is yours?

My apologizes if this has been done before or is in the wrong place in forum...

I've seen some interesting avatar photos from people posting, especially the vintage German soldiers. I wonder if some were your relatives? Thought it would be neat to start a thread explaining who (or what, if it's a relic) is in your avatar and maybe explain a little about them (it). The curiosity is getting the best of me!

Mine, not being a relic or person, is a tarsier... the coolest of all animals, residing on the islands of Southeast Asia. lol

Default Re: Avatars: what is yours?

My avatar is a photo of my Great Grandfather. He was an ethnic German living in Ukraine. When the SS rolled in, he was forced to serve in the Schuma and SD. His exact history is a mystery, but we do know that he manned a post and served as a guide/ translator. He was last seen in the closing stages of the war. I assume he fell at the hands of the Red Army.

?

I get alot of questions about mine, just for the record she isn't a relative or girlfriend.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I get alot of questions about mine, just for the record she isn't a relative or girlfriend.
    ..and I always thought she was Mrs Cawte

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    My avatar is a photo of my Great Grandfather. He was an ethnic German living in Ukraine. When the SS rolled in, he was forced to serve in the Schuma and SD. His exact history is a mystery, but we do know that he manned a post and served as a guide/ translator. He was last seen in the closing stages of the war. I assume he fell at the hands of the Red Army.
    Wow man that's interesting. Too bad you can't find out more about him from Ukrainian records. There probably wasn't too much records in that area/time though, especially after the Russians advanced...

Yes, you can see alot of great profile pictures here, sadly, mine is not It is just the cover for the album "Hammerheart" by Bathory, one of my favourite albums, featuring the painting "The Funeral of a Viking" by Sir Frank Dicksee, and it is the first viking metal album..... in the world (Too much Top Gear for me!)

Quote by Poromies View Post
    Yes, you can see alot of great profile pictures here, sadly, mine is not It is just the cover for the album "Hammerheart" by Bathory, one of my favourite albums, featuring the painting "The Funeral of a Viking" by Sir Frank Dicksee, and it is the first viking metal album..... in the world (Too much Top Gear for me!)
    Funny, I saw your avatar in another thread and wondered what it was LOL! I am a fan of Amon Amarth.. not too into metal music but was turned on to them by a friend of mine. Good stuff. "Twwwwlightt of the thundddderrrr GODDDDD" ^^

CBH
    ?

German Propaganda leaflet used during the Italy campaign .A play on Life Magazine ,it has a half naked woman on the Life side ,to show what you're missing . Was going to use my WW1 German Husars Skull but someone beat me to it .
    Cheers Chris

Simply my favourite helmet, my lovely KM M35

Myself at a living history show.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast