Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Article about: Mine changes, right now it's from a near mint Q SS decal from a helmet I own and as SS helmets are my passion/specialty I thought it was appropriate for a few weeks anyway LOL.

?

Default Re: Avatars: what is yours?

Mine changes, right now it's from a near mint Q SS decal from a helmet I own and as SS helmets are my passion/specialty I thought it was appropriate for a few weeks anyway LOL.

?

Mine is a Type 89 I-Go Japanese medium tank.

Cheers

Ed

Mine is a period photo of a Panther of the 16th Panzer Div. One that my father was assigned to as a loader.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello guys,

2 years ago my college history teacher brought in a single decal M40 German helmet to class. It was the first German helmet I had ever seen in person so I took a picture of it with my cell phone (my avatar). I realized then and there that I HAD TO BUY ONE! A few weeks later I bought a fire/police German helmet, my first piece of militaria. That moment started a chain reaction and I have been collecting ever since. The interesting thing is that I recently contacted my old history teacher and told him I would buy this helmet from him. He agreed to sell it and I am planning to pick it up tomorrow! Just look at that beautiful decal

Regards, Corey

EDIT: Old avatar
    0421111010.jpg
    Last edited by Sir Payne; 04-19-2013 at 12:36 AM.

My avatar was the first green TR related item that GOOGLE spat at me. No significance whatsoever to me or my ideals or collecting interest. However, I can now say that he (avatar) looks like a political member giving a speech and he has a great appearance. I imangine he would be wearing a Party badge but it must have been out of view when the pic was taken By the way, the color green is my least liked color. Fun thread, thanks for starting it, it's a fun read.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    Hello guys,

2 years ago my college history teacher brought in a single decal M40 German helmet to class. It was the first German helmet I had ever seen in person so I took a picture of it with my cell phone (my avatar). I realized then and there that I HAD TO BUY ONE! A few weeks later I bought a fire/police German helmet, my first piece of militaria. That moment started a chain reaction and I have been collecting ever since. The interesting thing is that I recently contacted my old history teacher and told him I would buy this helmet from him. He agreed to sell it and I am planning to pick it up tomorrow! Just look at that beautiful decal

Regards, Corey
    Corey, great story with a happy ending. Congratulations on your new acquisition!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Soviet marines' guard badge, granpa was in Black See Fleet

?

Quote by CakeEater View Post
    Oh yea mine is the already dead, nothing inside, sword wielding Nazi from the movie Hellboy.

Zero significance, just liked the character in the film.
    This was my first avatar too, I almost entirely got into collecting just because I liked Kroenen

?

Mine is nothing related to militaria, while out exploring and pill box hunting (another one of my hobbies) i found a deserted piece of train track which was about 150 meters long hiden away from view abandoned and my avatar is one of the pictures i took which has beccome my avatar on most forums im on and its also one of my favourite pictures ive ever taken Although this might change soon when some new cap bages turn up

?

Mines a photo of the original standard of the Polish Parachute Brigade.
    The Standard was secretly embroidered in occupied Warsaw .... smuggled out and dedicated to the Brigade in Cupar, Scotland in 1944.

It still exists, and hangs in the Sikorski Institute in London.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast