Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Awesome images taken from inside the Battle of Britain Memorial flight Lancaster over London.

Article about: Some great shots taken yesterday (05/06/12) from the Battle of Britain Memorial flight Lancaster as it flies over London to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. I would've sold body parts to ha

?

Default Awesome images taken from inside the Battle of Britain Memorial flight Lancaster over London.

Some great shots taken yesterday (05/06/12) from the Battle of Britain Memorial flight Lancaster as it flies over London to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

I would've sold body parts to have got a seat inside that plane yesterday.

Battle of Britain Memorial Flight over London.

**EDIT**

I'll add the photos here for posterity.
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-06-2012 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Photos uploaded.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Awesome images taken from inside the Battle of Britain Memorial flight Lancaster over London.

It must have been amazing to see that from the ground, even more amazing from inside the Lancaster! The last picture is just breathtaking.

?

Default Re: Awesome images taken from inside the Battle of Britain Memorial flight Lancaster over London.

Brilliant...Thanks for posting the link Ade.
    There's something about that aircraft that gets me all choked whenever I hear the roar of her engines! Pity the Vulcan wasn't flying also, that would have been the cherry AND icing on the cake.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Brilliant...Thanks for posting the link Ade.
    There's something about that aircraft that gets me all choked whenever I hear the roar of her engines! Pity the Vulcan wasn't flying also, that would have been the cherry AND icing on the cake.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    Too true, I've been lucky enough to stand and look up as these planes have flown over. It makes your hairs stand up on end, puts a lump in your throat and a tear to your eye.

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Too true, I've been lucky enough to stand and look up as these planes have flown over. It makes your hairs stand up on end, puts a lump in your throat and a tear to your eye.
    Me too Adrian , have seen them a couple of times in Normandy , the roar of the Lanc is something else but i've always thought what a sight and sound it must have been to see and hear one of the Thousand bomber raids in the air at the same time !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

These old planes are just wonderful. I've never seen a Lancaster except in photos, but I've seen and flown in a B-17 and it was worth every penny to take the ride. So,I can imagine how it is to see the Lancaster in flight. Maybe not the same engine sounds, but the same sense of pride, lump in the throat and tear to the eye. Thanks for the link, Adrian, or I would have missed all those pics.

Absolutely beautiful. You British guys make funny looking light machine guns, but your aircraft are gorgeous.

Strangely, it occured to me that similar views were probably had by the Luftwaffe in 1940.

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Strangely, it occured to me that similar views were probably had by the Luftwaffe in 1940.
    Yes but with fewer umbrellas.......

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Absolutely beautiful. You British guys make funny looking light machine guns, but your aircraft are gorgeous.
    ..and so are our women

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast