Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

back from the war & peace show

Article about: Looks great, only wish I could have gone

Default Re: back from the war & peace show

Personally I was disappointed with the show as a whole. Admittedly there were countless re-enactors, and an abundance of ordnance both heavy and light, and there were some very good displays, where people had taken a great deal of time and thought, BUT........ in the past, the hop farm was only used for W&P, (apart from the museum) so consequently the grass would grow. Because they have countless shows on the ground throughout the year, it was just pure dust. True the weather was fantastic, but at £18 per ticket and £59 for 2+2. (£375 for the pitch & marque)I think they are out pricing themselves. The crowds were really down on previous years, and the recession is still here

The Red Arrows were good

Amazing pics Nick I must make an effort and go next year it looks fantastic !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    ....... but at £18 per ticket and £59 for 2+2. (£375 for the pitch & marque)I think they are out pricing themselves. .......

That is why we sended Nick...thanks for sharing.
    I would prefere to add a nice item to the collection at 375£...
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Nick, these are excellent! Many thanks for taking them and sharing them with us. First time I have missed the show, so it was nice for me to see.

Cheers, Ade.
    my pleasure Ade

it would have been good to have seen ya to say hello but i know you have more impotent things going on at the mo hope your mum is well on the road to recovery

?

thanks guys it was my pleasure to post these what you see here was just the tip of the iceberg of what was to see & do theres just not enough time in the day to do everything & be everywhere

?

heres a couple of pics i forgot to add

SEE !

This is what happens when someone gives Nick's wife a couple of feathers and a half bottle of gin......

Nice photos. Thanks for sharing

Steve T

[QUOTE=Steve T;170366]SEE !

This is what happens when someone gives Nick's wife a couple of feathers and a half bottle of gin.

trust you Steve
    and thank's Nick for showing them cracking pic's, ............anymore of the missus?

?

i just couldn't stop her

?

[QUOTE=85ronnies;170373]
    Quote by Steve T View Post
    SEE !

This is what happens when someone gives Nick's wife a couple of feathers and a half bottle of gin.

trust you Steve
    and thank's Nick for showing them cracking pic's, ............anymore of the missus?
    sorry only managed to take a couple as i had to keep standing up to take them & i started to feel like a bit of perv

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast