Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Badge to ID

Article about: Anyone recognize this badge,it`s about one inch across,it was with some Polish and Austrian badges,so maybe one of those? Thanks.

?

Default Badge to ID

Anyone recognize this badge,it`s about one inch across,it was with some Polish and Austrian badges,so maybe one of those? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Default Re: Badge to ID

Zwerge: It looks like an ordnance emblem because of the so-called "flamming piss-pot." I know it's not US Army, but the swords and mailed arms on each side might be something from the Middle East. It's an interesting piece and I hope you find the answer. Dwight

?

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    Zwerge: It looks like an ordnance emblem because of the so-called "flamming piss-pot." I know it's not US Army, but the swords and mailed arms on each side might be something from the Middle East. It's an interesting piece and I hope you find the answer. Dwight
    Hi,it`s interesting that the swords and armour are of different types , almost like they are fighting each other?.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

My first thought was Finnish. But I cannot find a match. But the sword and arm motif is much used by them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I think it might be Norwegian, but I am not quite sure. Never seen this particular badge before, but I have seen badges that resemble it.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

The reason I suggest that it might be a Middle Eastern insignia is that the right sword is a scimitar which was used throughout the Muslim world beginning in about the 12th Century. The right arm also appears to be chainmail, which the Persians used. I'm not sure that the symbolism implied in two differently armored arms and weapons represents conflict, but it might. If so, than I would be inclined to think it represents the Crusades of the 11th, 12th and 13th Centuries, which takes me back to my Middel Eastern origin suggestion. But this is just speculation. Dwight

?

Hello
    Ade is right, finnish badge
    325: Finland Para, Infantry, Artillery etc 2:5 @ Militarybadgecollection.com
    cordially
    Didier

?

Thank you very much Didier and Ade and everyone else who commented.....Pete.
    Last edited by zwerge; 03-12-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Good to confirm: thanks Didier!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!