Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Badges in Deutsche Optik Catalog

Article about: Was looking at the latest issue of the magazine, Deutsche Optik, and look what I found. Fake galore! They even claim some are better than the originals! image.jpg image.jpg

Default Badges in Deutsche Optik Catalog

Was looking at the latest issue of the magazine, Deutsche Optik, and look what I found. Fake galore! They even claim some are better than the originals!

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Really? They don't know what they're talking about. Even looking at the poor pic's above condemn them all, remember they're journalists writing this rubbish!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

you bashing my photography skills, Ned??? lol
    I know, they suck. I took them with my iPhone because that's all I had with me at the time. And the prices are in the $40-60 USD range. Insane.

"Better than some originals"... yeah, right.

But what do you expect from someone who misidentifies one Luftwaffe clasp for another one... and pictures it upside down to boot... Or who provides priceless bits of information like "LUFTWAFFE TANK BADGE / Or as we say in German: Heer Panzerabzeichen".

I don't even collect badges but even I knew the terminology and orientation were incorrect. Pretty sad. The day they start selling helmets we will really be in trouble.