Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Basic Training!

Article about: Hi all! I know i am a noob here, but i just wanted to let everyone know that i am leaving for Basic Combat Training on July 2! I joined the Army Reserves at 17 with my parents consent last J

Default Re: Basic Training!

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    I did my basic training at Pirbright in 1978 when it was the Guards Depot ! I will never forget the 'Four sisters' hills and the dreaded 'Sand Hill' !

Enjoy your adventure guys !

Nick
    Hi Nick,

Did my basic at Deepcut in 83 as you know just next door to Pirbright, Still break into a sweat when I recall being beasted whilst seal crawling up sand hill whilst wearing my respirator.

Off to find a dark room to lie down in now

?

Good luck to the both of you, hope all goes well for you

Im currently doing my medical and fitness tests for the RAF so wont be long before i have to go for basic training either

Cheers
    Tom

This thread reminded me, I have to start working out! I am already in pretty good shape, but I have two years and there is always something to improve!

?

Walking and running with a back pack in boots with something to simulate a rifle will help you more Start with a light 10-15 kg pack. 5 km run and not less than 10 km hikes. You can also do the Cooper-test once in a while. I am sure you will run into this test at some point.

Regards, Lars

We have Cooper-tests at the beginning and the end of our school year. And the walking in heavy gear with a gun is already taken care of I just started airsofting, and my gear weighs a lot. The webbing itself holds all my magazines, ammo, food, parka, rainshroudthing, and water. Add to that, helmet and flak vest and a heavy full metal G3 AEG. We own a lot of forest, so the 10km hike with all the gear is possible without causing sensitive people to freak out, I might even try it out next week!

Hi Haydn and Danny,
    All the best to both of you in all you do in the service, there area lot of us old squaddies here on the forum who can tell you what is right and wrong. You will both be find soldiers and make your families proud, Keep your eyes and ears open and your arses down, take care lads.
    Dave.

?

Quote by Poromies View Post
    We have Cooper-tests at the beginning and the end of our school year. And the walking in heavy gear with a gun is already taken care of I just started airsofting, and my gear weighs a lot. The webbing itself holds all my magazines, ammo, food, parka, rainshroudthing, and water. Add to that, helmet and flak vest and a heavy full metal G3 AEG. We own a lot of forest, so the 10km hike with all the gear is possible without causing sensitive people to freak out, I might even try it out next week!
    Sounds good brother. Then you should be well prepared. Airsoft is good training indeed.

Regards, Lars

Just thought I would post a little update on how my career is going, I passed out of basic training on the 19th of this month alongside the same guys I started with over 3 months ago Phase two for me starts a week from today, fortunately I now get the weekends off so I'll be able to stop by here more often and hopefully join the RRPG guys on a dig at somepoint now that I'm not hundreds of miles away

DSCN0923.jpg

Thanks

Danny

Congratulations! Job well done!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3