Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BBC j vine program today

Article about: There was a disscusion on the jv show today about people who collect german militria and is it the done thing ? it relates to an item of Adolf hitler bed linen that was for sale in bristol t

Default BBC j vine program today

There was a disscusion on the jv show today about people who collect german militria and is it the done thing ? it relates to an item of Adolf hitler bed linen that was for sale in bristol today and sold for £2000.

These discusions really piss me off as they alway have some moron on saying us collectors are all nazis ! which is not the case but my frieind dave came on and calmly explained to this moron about the merits and intrest of collecting these historical items !! we are all collectors of military history and not nazis !! well done dave !

?

Default Re: BBC j vine program today

Well do not expect the broader population to understand this, because the media likes to portray TR collectors in a certain way. It is not very interesting to tell that TR collectors is just collector "nerds" like all other collectors. No politics necessarily involved. This just does not sell. It does not make head lines. Also it is a absolute mystery for them that one can collect items from the TR and not care about the politics. It's how it is, and i don't think it's going to change in the near future.

The problem is that some collectors DO deeply admire the NAZIS. I have often run ito them myself. It starts with " Well Hitler had some good ideas..." and goes downhill from there. Mostly I find that the admirers are infatuated with the SS and less so with HEER. I was at one show where a couple of old fellows were listening to a dealer and some customers talk up the attributes of the NAZI party. They were getting more and more agitated until one of them yelled... "I nearlly got killed killing those bastards and many amny dear friends did get killed... and had you been there you might see these people in a different light!" and the other vets chimed in and it got nasty. The very few of these people give the rest of us history buffs a very bad name... unfortunate but true.

Its the modern media, their expertise is stereotypes. They sell alot of magazines and news telling stories about how TR collectors are nazis, metalheads are satanists, finns are drunks, in Russia everyone drinks vodka... etc. I have learned not to notice the remarks of media outlets.

Listened to the show. Dave did very well coming on after someone ranting on about how all collectors were Nazis. Dave got his point across well and between him and Jeremy vine made the previous anti "Nazi " collectors caller look very stupid and uninformed.

good point and think you are right they have an agenda which is normally confrontational to sell papers or air time and not objective as the media should be !! in my dreams !!

agree robin he made a good stance and hopefully explained the collecting of military items as normal and not that of crazed fascists !!

?

If collecting Third Reich memorabilia makes you a Nazi, then they best have a bloody big prison for us lot. Idiots with nothing better to do. Many collectors don't even own Nazi items.

"Wehrmacht was military, not political." (a quote from an ex-Fallschirmjager when he spoke to me many years ago).

My area of interest is the Ost front and my collection is split about 50/50 German/Russian so I suppose that would make me a Nazi communist !!!!!

?

Following their line of logic all collectors of Red Army militaria should be communist, but for some reason this is not interesting. Communists was even worse, or at least just as bad as the nazis. They killed more people, and for a much longer period of time. Especially after WW2 ended.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast