Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Beautiful Images

Article about: Here are some more... I'm seeing lots of photos with soldiers and their pet mascots. images.jpgpacific106.sJPG_950_2000_0_75_0_50_50.sJPG.jpgpacific107.sJPG_950_2000_0_75_0_50_50.sJPG.jpgtum

Default Re: Beautiful Images

Here are some more...

I'm seeing lots of photos with soldiers and their pet mascots.

images.jpgpacific106.sJPG_950_2000_0_75_0_50_50.sJPG.jpgpacific107.sJPG_950_2000_0_75_0_50_50.sJPG.jpgtumblr_m1gt9w4pYl1rrjpupo1_1280.jpgtumblr_m5k8r7nlT21rrjpupo1_500.jpgtumblr_m8giv3hwrL1qbjz0go1_500.jpgtumblr_mei42bwhsC1qlsru8o1_500.jpgwwii-in-hd-norman-hatch-kitten-lou-reda-productions.jpg

pacific091.sJPG_950_2000_0_75_0_50_50.sJPG.jpg
    March 16, 1945: A U.S. Marine approaches a Japanese soldier on Iwo Jima, Japan during World War II. The Japanese soldier was buried for 1 1/2 days in this shell hole playing dead and ready with a live grenade inches away from his hand. The Marines feared he might be further booby trapped underneath his body after knocking the grenade to the bottom of the shell hole. Promising no resistance, the prisoner is given a cigarette he asked for and was dragged free from the hole. (AP Photo)

Another 'tea and blitz' pic

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Sums up the 'Blitz Spirit'

Nick
    Nick

Great picture, but it was not real, it was staged, by a London Newspaper reporter and his photographer, they borrowed the coat from another milkman, you can see the guys suit underneath, never the less, still a great image, “We can take it " and they did !

Wojtek was a nice story

Wojtek (soldier bear) - YouTube

I dont think anybody at WRF can look at this and not have there heart strings tugged.....cheers Jake.

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Nick

Great picture, but it was not real, it was staged, by a London Newspaper reporter and his photographer, they borrowed the coat from another milkman, you can see the guys suit underneath, never the less, still a great image, “We can take it " and they did !
    Oh I know, its clearly staged !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

This is kinda personal to me as its my work.....cheers Jake

I love it !

Nick

Cheers Nick I read that when the AFS was started up in 1938 in line with the governments concerns over Britains defences most members were posties and they wore there uniforms too so straight from collections into fighting fires...now thats what I call multi-tasking...they were all heroes in my eyes...cheers Jake

?

And here is Rene comforting the girls who were scared of the bombing..AH!..what a big heart Rene has...
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast