Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

berghof visit info

Article about: I really fancy a trip to berchtesgaden but when the snows dissapeared as fancy early may for my birthday but want to see the eagles nest aswell,, got a few places on my gotta go to and this

?

Default berghof visit info

I really fancy a trip to berchtesgaden but when the snows dissapeared as fancy early may for my birthday but want to see the eagles nest aswell,, got a few places on my gotta go to and this is my main objective, then colditz and wewelsburg ,so anybody know if its deep in snow in may ? cheers Dave

Default Re: berghof visit info

You should be OK going in May I think?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I believe snow gives a bit more character to those places thats my favourite time.
    But i agree with Ade, April or May you should be fine.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

thanks guys , it would look good with snow but i have been told that if its deep the nest is closed so would be gutted if i got there and not able to visit, cheers Dave

Dave, It'll be fine then, I can give you an update closer to the time as I'll be in the area anyway, (if you like?)

Mike

?

Quote by davies435 View Post
    Dave, It'll be fine then, I can give you an update closer to the time as I'll be in the area anyway, (if you like?)

Mike
    cheers Mike that would be great thanks Dave

I've been over a few times in May and only had snow once. Not very deep then either.

?

Should be fine in May Dave. I've been there during spring and it was lovely. The views from the Kehlsteinhaus are spectacular, on a clear day you can see Salzburg. Berchtesgaden is a beautiful place, be sure to allow for a few hours there. The drive up the mountain road to the Kehlsteinhaus is fantastic, though not for the fainthearted...the hairpin bend directly below Eva Braun's favourite room is quite something! On my first visit to the Kehlsteinhaus, I was with a veteran who married a German lady after the war. She had five brothers, one of whom was LAH. Unfortunately, the two didn't see eye to eye for many years. But, in time they grew closer and eventually visited the Eagle's Nest together. The 6'6" former LAH man was petrified of heights and spent the entire journey lying down on the floor of the postbus...much to the amusement of my friend, the old vet from Yorkshire.
    Anyway, when spring comes I am sure that you will enjoy your trip. It's a must see for anybody interested in the Third Reich.

Regards,

Carl

Dave, me, Dan and Phil are thinking of going have a chat if you want at the next fair??
    cheers Ronnie

Hey matey:

The official sites we were looking at :

Berchtesgaden Info Site

WELCOME TO BERCHTESGADEN

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast