Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

berlin trip 2013

Article about: that's 1 cute kid you have james.

we passed through mohrenstrabe metro station supposedly fitted out during the 1950 refit with red stone from the reich chancellery ,this is how it looks today with red granite stone cladding184.jpg181.jpg

the next phase of our tour was at checkpoint C (charlie ) and museum197.jpg195.jpg193.jpg

Top stuff Jamesglad you had a fab time with the family,the pics are top notch.................Jake.

Did you get a piece of the wall mate?.....

i had to pay a small fee for using my camera in the museum but worth every euro ,the displays are focussed on the escape attempts from east berlin to west ,some successfull some not unfortunately ,the gdr border guards had a shoot to kill policy also the wall had all sorts of inhumane devices for inflicting wounds even down to automatic firing weapons and wall mines ,a real eye opener of a place, heres a couple of ingenius ways people escaped and also referance photos from around the building ,i have taken a whole bunch more but as its eaten up most of my sunday afternoon posting them here i feel its getting time to call it a day 198.jpg235.jpg227.jpg226.jpg224.jpg215.jpg216.jpg214.jpg203.jpg

sorry paul im not ignoring you mate ,i was just uploading ,i did manage to find a piece of supposed wall ,unfortunately i had to put my hand in my pocket (forgot to bring my lumphammer ),it might very well be a piece from somebodys garden patio for all i know i believe it to be real though so thats all that matters ,i also picked up a few other little nick nacks , the trabant ddr plate was another one ,thanks to all that have commented and any questions please ask cheers for now james 247.jpg250.jpg
    Last edited by James C; 08-25-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Very nice.

?

Love the wall..James.. "good c.d too" "Pink Floyd"..I like your nic nacs..all better from being from the actual place...Thanks for the thread very interesting...Cheers Terry.

Looks like you had a great time James. It has been 5 Years since I have been.
    Great pics.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

thanks jake for your nice commentsthanks kevin and cheers terry ,you know me a big kid ,just had to bring a piece back ,when i told my daughter what i wanted to buy ,she thought i meant a stick of rock ,not a lump of rock and thanks eric ,sounds like you had a great time ,can i ask if you will return some day ,thanks again james

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast