Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Best Item you got for FREE

Article about: As there are a couple of threads on items given for free , today . I thought I'd ask what was the best item you ever got totally Free . No trades or money involved . I'll start , mine is an

CBH
    ?

Default Best Item you got for FREE

As there are a couple of threads on items given for free , today . I thought I'd ask what was the best item you ever got totally Free . No trades or money involved . I'll start , mine is an Afrikakorps Feldmutze given to me by my great uncle some years ago . It can in a box full of RCAF items and was a great surprise !
    Cheers Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Best Item you got for FREE

German Mother's Cross from my grandfather.

Jeez Chris, that cap will take some matching never mind beating as a freebie IMHO

My best was after buying an item that was not quite as described and the seller gave me something to make up for it, so maybe not quite free, though the original item was still a total bargain and I was very pleased to get it anyway but I had felt obliged to point out it was not as described. It was a 1943 DAK Kalender and was said to be complete but was missing its map and some of its pages. Anyway the seller sent me a Herman Goring Division Wehrpass for a member of the Panzer Pioneer battalion who had entries for service on Crete, Sicily, Salerno and elsewhere in Italy, instead of the partial refund he had offered me and which I had already declined as I was still very happy with the purchase as the Dak kalender only cost me £20 anyway.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

got these from my grandparents my grandfather was too young to join so they weren't actually his they actually bought these at garage sales and when they passed i got them there are 8 RCAF buttons,5 Canadian volunteer service medal ribbons 2 France and Germany star ribbons and 2 1939 - 1945 star ribbons as well as a little Scottish hat pin a Canadian bronze shoulder pin dated 1915 and a British flag with a big V, i also got the book on how to properly mount them and the letter that came with the medals when they were sent to the recipient 20130228_154553.jpg20130228_154558.jpg20130228_154601.jpg20130228_154605.jpg20130228_154616.jpg

I received an extremely mint Canadian Ross rifle bayonet and scabbard
    from a knife collector as a token of our friendship. It had been his
    fathers, and I believe it's bulk and odd shape - plus the fact
    he didn't collect bayonets - was the reason he parted
    with it.

I was also given a pair of British medals from WWI to the
    'Royal Warwickshire Regiment' from a friends wife.........
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 03-03-2013 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Added pics.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I got this bayonet from my father who got it from his father. My grandfather bought two of these bayonets at a flea market (one for my father and one for my uncle) and since he was very good at woodworking so he filled all the holes and made custom wooden scabbards and grips for them.

Here my best Item I got for free.
    One M40 SD SS camo Helmet.
    From a farmer friends back in Normany .
    Over 25 years ago.

chris
    031.jpg033.jpg

It's hard to follow Chris' SS helmet, but here are the two best things I have received for free.

First is a Czech bayonet similar to this one. Back when I was in high school my principal confiscated it from some kid who brought it to class one day. He never gave it back to the kid and just stored it away in a cabinet in his office. He got fired a few years back and my younger brother was helping clean his office out. He found the bayonet in the cabinet and gave it to me. I sold it at a flea market a couple weeks later. Technically it was my first piece of militaria.

$T2eC16hHJGkE9no8jEH4BRLmjUr18w~~60_12.JPG

I got this sporterized M4 No 1 a few weeks ago from my old youth pastor. He heard that I collected WWII rifles. It's interesting, but not really collectible worthy so I'm giving it to my younger brother who has lower standards than me. lol

IMG_4875.jpg

?

I got this from a friend who moved too Seattle and didnt want to loose it. So when i walked in from soccer practice i found this waiting on the living room table for me, i nearly fainted.
    Ryan

Do my recycling facility finds count?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast