Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Best Item you got for FREE

Article about: As there are a couple of threads on items given for free , today . I thought I'd ask what was the best item you ever got totally Free . No trades or money involved . I'll start , mine is an

Default Re: Best Item you got for FREE

My best item I got for free would be a first model Luftwaffe dagger I have posted before. Joe I would say you recycling facility finds do count.

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    It's hard to follow Chris' SS helmet, but here are the two best things I have received for free.

First is a Czech bayonet similar to this one. Back when I was in high school my principal confiscated it from some kid who brought it to class one day. He never gave it back to the kid and just stored it away in a cabinet in his office. He got fired a few years back and my younger brother was helping clean his office out. He found the bayonet in the cabinet and gave it to me. I sold it at a flea market a couple weeks later. Technically it was my first piece of militaria.

Attachment 475468

I got this sporterized M4 No 1 a few weeks ago from my old youth pastor. He heard that I collected WWII rifles. It's interesting, but not really collectible worthy so I'm giving it to my younger brother who has lower standards than me. lol

Attachment 475469
    You did very well.
    chris

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Do my recycling facility finds count?
    I would say yes.
    chris

Don't get Joe started. He gets almost ALL his stuff for free.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Don't get Joe started. He gets almost ALL his stuff for free.........!

I haven't gotten anything good recently at the plant... unless you want to count that pirate lamp! lol

However, a security guard at the college I now work at has promised me his father-in-laws souvenir Arisaka! Stay tuned!

My best free item would have to be a Major's WW2 overcoat given to me by my Father's boss!photo (7).jpg

Well I have gotten few things for free but the ones I did are the most valued Items in my collection by me, First I would have to say my Great Grandfathers AAF Jackets and pocket watch, one of which I received as a hunting coat when I was 12
    Then more recently the items I received from my Great uncle that he carried on Iwo Jima
    The Items may not be in the best shape or worth a lot to anyone else, but I would not trade anything for them including Doug's Wall-o-Helmets...
    P8130945.jpg
    Bayonet, Flashlight, and 50cal casing were given to me.
    DSCN0720.jpg
    DSCN0722.jpg
    DSCN0760.jpg

Joe you forgot to post the picture of that amazing s98 sawback bayonet you got a couple years back it was a beaut

CBH
    ?

Great Job , I was please to see all the great items ! I've got a couple of family items , but I grew up with them so I guess I was never given them ! lol They were just always around . I like hearing the stories of how they were obtained , from who and how much it meant . This is a great hobby and the search is half the fun , and even getting a great deal isn't as fun as getting it for free ! Keep them coming !
    So here is the cap I grew up with , Sydney Volunteer's I believe the unit was formed around 1866 in response to the Fenian Rebellion , I also have his sword but it's hard to photograph . I might try in the future . Hope you all like it . As I couldn't find my hat photos , I took some new ones including the sword . Note Sydney is miss spelled Sidney . Hope they are clear enough .
    Cheers Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast