Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Best Item you got for FREE

Article about: As there are a couple of threads on items given for free , today . I thought I'd ask what was the best item you ever got totally Free . No trades or money involved . I'll start , mine is an

?

Default Re: Best Item you got for FREE

?

This one is probably my favourite, a 1940 dated, Air Ministry stamped leather flying helmet.

My Mum found it in a box of dressing up clothes in the school where she taught and liberated it for me!

It may well have seen action in the Battle of Britain..........?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Hi,
    I have been really lucky over the years and been given a lot of my collection..... perhaps because I started when I was 7 years old. I guess being given 2 Enigma machines has to be up there in the given for free bracket. I was given the first machine when I was 12 or 13 years old and then the same person gave me his second machine when I was 16. When I collected the second machine I was in my Dads car luckily as there were around 8 German radio sets as well as a few helmets and other bits of kit.
    D

Those enigma machines are just sublime!! Just been thinking though, was not your entire collection basically given to you by the Wehrmacht in 1945 when they left?? hahah

I guess one could call it " reparations " paid !!

Really looking forward to visiting your museum !!!!

I guess your right Totenhead, they left the kit behind just for me!!! Hopefully I will see 1000's of visitors in the museum this summer, in reality it looks bleak for this year already but the door will be open on the 25th of March till the end of October.
    Look forward to seeing all who come over on the 3rd reich trail

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    I guess your right Totenhead, they left the kit behind just for me!!! Hopefully I will see 1000's of visitors in the museum this summer, in reality it looks bleak for this year already but the door will be open on the 25th of March till the end of October.
    Look forward to seeing all who come over on the 3rd reich trail
    Seriously though D, I realise your collection was not handed to you on a plate, takes hard work and dedication, and its a big responsibility keeping hold of it all and time consuming and financially testing

I will be over, dont worry about that !!

Cheers

Joe, I think you win! haha

Here's my two best things- the gas mask is from rogge16 (Thanks again Luke!), and the rifle was given to me just a few days ago by a college tutor! For those interested, the thread on it: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...sition-270709/

Mat

?

Paul aka stinkpotpete gave me this East German Panzer Schuetzenschnur (shooting award) Thank you very much Paul!
    8521653913_998c903c2c_c.jpg

You've got to love the sense of family and generosity among members on this forum!! Best in the world!

Great gifts from a friend (helmet although repro is very good.Better and original i could not aford.thank him very much for it and for making it)
    Photos from another member here in forum (i have posted in my collection thread)
    bottle and sword from another friend
    and Greek Medal awarded to my Father for invasion in Cyprus

Thanks God i have this friend .in other way my collection would be smaller

I possess two items that are equally my favorites as they came home with my grandfather after he spent two years in the ETO and returned safely!

The first being a M34 Double Decal FeuerSchutzPolizei aluminum helmet that shows its age, and the second being a 10x80 observation sight for a Flak 88 made by Emil Busch!

PICT0170.jpgPICT0159.jpg2.jpg5.jpgPICT0174.jpgPICT0140.jpgPICT0139.jpgPICT0145.jpgPICT0149.jpg

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast