Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best militaria deal

Article about: by KradSpam I think it went for about £500 / £600, 10 years ago or so. Wow, well done! Thanks for answering that question, by the way.

?

Default Best militaria deal

I performed a forum search, but I couldn't find any results, but I apologize in advance if I've missed something.

Out of curiosity, what is, in your opinion, your best deal on something militaria-related? I'm pretty new at this, so my only good deals have been my two Parteiabzeichen for about $12 each.

I made one back in 2010, but it is rather dead What is the best deal you have ever made?.

I think my best deal has been getting a set of Soviet, 1932 dated binoculars, for 50 euros. They were a Finnish war trophy.

?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    I made one back in 2010, but it is rather dead What is the best deal you have ever made?.

I think my best deal has been getting a set of Soviet, 1932 dated binoculars, for 50 euros. They were a Finnish war trophy.
    Apologies for stealing your idea!

I often think about all the stuff I wouldn't know enough to buy if I saw it. Like your binoculars, for example; I would have no clue what they were or what the value, and I probably would pass by it for 50 euro. It pays to be knowledgeable.

I wouldn't call it stealing and it's not a problem adding a new thread on this topic.

I have the same, I'm very bad at knowing about prices, but you usually get a somewhat clear idea when you see other ones for sale. It's hard in the case of scarce items, like a Politruks worn sleeve star I got. I paid 80 euros for it, but I had no idea if it was a good deal or not. I've seen a couple for sale now and they tend to go from about over a hundred to three hundred euros. Usually the best thing is to ask yourself: How much am I willing to pay for this item? Rather than finding the real "value", because it is rather impossible on some cases.

?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    I wouldn't call it stealing and it's not a problem adding a new thread on this topic.

I have the same, I'm very bad at knowing about prices, but you usually get a somewhat clear idea when you see other ones for sale. It's hard in the case of scarce items, like a Politruks worn sleeve star I got. I paid 80 euros for it, but I had no idea if it was a good deal or not. I've seen a couple for sale now and they tend to go from about over a hundred to three hundred euros. Usually the best thing is to ask yourself: How much am I willing to pay for this item? Rather than finding the real "value", because it is rather impossible on some cases.
    Agreed! Of course I will always buy something if it's a very good deal, even if it's not my area of interest, but nothing for my personal collection is worth any more or less than what I'm willing to pay for it.

?

Hehe, I just bought a nice painted zinc party badge for $23.

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Nice! I don't know whether I would have been more surprised to receive free militaria or to get something genuine from Poland!

Quote by Erno View Post
    Nice! I don't know whether I would have been more surprised to receive free militaria or to get something genuine from Poland!
    Hahahhaaa so true about the genuine stuff, if you ever get to Krakow never buy from the flea markets unless you are sure it's real, they make a killing from unwary tourists!..

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Hahahhaaa so true about the genuine stuff, if you ever get to Krakow never buy from the flea markets unless you are sure it's real, they make a killing from unwary tourists!..
    No doubt! But I have to say, it's not that much better here. For example, there are an alarming number of 20 July wound badges for sale at Pennsylvania flea markets.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast