Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Best militaria deal

Article about: by KradSpam I think it went for about £500 / £600, 10 years ago or so. Wow, well done! Thanks for answering that question, by the way.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Nice items for free Gunny! I haven't gotten a lot of free items. The best one I've got is a German artillery ammunition carrier from Lapland for free, also some of my own relic finds from Kuhmo and Ilomantsi. Oh yes, also un-worn collar tabs and rank insignia of a Border Guard officer and a Soviet m47 star.

My father paid $65 for an enlisted Fat Eagle belt buckle which he in turn gave to me. That was a great deal!

Matching number K98 bayonet, Chained SS Officers dagger, Kriegsmarine Officers dagger and an SA dagger (minus scabbard) for £1200. This was about 5 years ago now and they came from just up the road. This was the sellers asking price as he wanted to buy a new shotgun and that was what this would cost and the daggers were just sitting in his loft.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

nice one Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Matching number K98 bayonet, Chained SS Officers dagger, Kriegsmarine Officers dagger and an SA dagger (minus scabbard) for £1200. This was about 5 years ago now and they came from just up the road. This was the sellers asking price as he wanted to buy a new shotgun and that was what this would cost and the daggers were just sitting in his loft.

Cheers, Ade.
    Amazing!

My best deal was back in 1995 when I gave a VSM marked Vickers Mg (serial L1794) to the South Lancs regimental museum here in Warrington. They gave me in return a very early Maxim Mg08 (serial No 1984) on a trench mount. The gun had been supplied to the museum at the end of WW1 by the war trophies committee. At that time it was impossible to get hold of Mg08's which were known to have come from the western front.

A long time ago I bought a 1943 or 44 Denison smock from a veteran of the para regt (he was in the paras in the 50's, not during the war) for about twenty quid. I knew nothing at the time and just kept it because it was WW2 and I thought it was cool. I came to sell it on ebay a couple of years later and nearly fell off my chair when I saw the bids. Looking back, I wish I had kept hold of it.

I was also given an M34 helmet for free a couple of years ago.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    A long time ago I bought a 1943 or 44 Denison smock from a veteran of the para regt (he was in the paras in the 50's, not during the war) for about twenty quid. I knew nothing at the time and just kept it because it was WW2 and I thought it was cool. I came to sell it on ebay a couple of years later and nearly fell off my chair when I saw the bids. Looking back, I wish I had kept hold of it.

I was also given an M34 helmet for free a couple of years ago.
    I don't know anything about uniforms; what does one of those go for, approximately, if you don't mind me asking?

?

I had a vet give me this helmet his knife he carried and a fire bayonet also a British 303 that had been sported out
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by Erno View Post
    I don't know anything about uniforms; what does one of those go for, approximately, if you don't mind me asking?
    I think it went for about £500 / £600, 10 years ago or so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast