Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Best movie scene ever!

Article about: Great moment from a great film, yes. They just don't make such big, epic, all-star-cast-down-to-the-supporting-roles movies anymore. Naturally, it's standing in my DVD collection right next

Default Re: Best movie scene ever!

Great moment from a great film, yes. They just don't make such big, epic, all-star-cast-down-to-the-supporting-roles movies anymore. Naturally, it's standing in my DVD collection right next to "Battle of Britain" and "The Great Escape".

[A bit of trivia for the movie buffs: In real life, Hardy Krüger, who plays an SS Panzer General in this film, had fought as a 16-year-old member of the SS Division "Nibelungen" in the final months of the war. Bet it must have felt odd for him to wear that uniform.]

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Great moment from a great film, yes. They just don't make such big, epic, all-star-cast-down-to-the-supporting-roles movies anymore. Naturally, it's standing in my DVD collection right next to "Battle of Britain" and "The Great Escape".

[A bit of trivia for the movie buffs: In real life, Hardy Krüger, who plays an SS Panzer General in this film, had fought as a 16-year-old member of the SS Division "Nibelungen" in the final months of the war. Bet it must have felt odd for him to wear that uniform.]
    Indeed! He attended the NAPOLA school in Ordensburg Sonthofen

National Political Institutes of Education - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks for that info. I did not know that.

Another good one I would recommend is "The Bridge at Remagen".

?

Agree with Mo on that one, im actually going there this May also Bastogne for a look around, cant wait, planning the areas to visit at present

?

About to watch "Breakthrough" at 2330hrs on Turner Classic Movies, this is the sequel to Cross of Iron, only with Richard Burton as Steiner this time, good followup

?

Dont forget he also took the starring role of Hans Von Werra in the film "The one that got away" as a Luftwaffe pilot who escaped whilst en route to Canada and made his way to the USA by crossing the frozen Hudson river, upon his return to Germany he was hailed as a hero but killed shortly afterwards over the English Channel i believe

?

For me it would have to be the Battle Of Britian when the CO takes a new Pilot for a check flight and Edward Fox says to his Mate "You Can Teach Monkies To Fly Better Than That"

Greg

well it seems like an open discussion on any war film.

one of my all time favs, from apocalypse now...bridge scene.teh background sounds are surreal and spookey. capt. Willard is trying to find "who's in command here?" runs into the roach whom shows a VC/NVA with a loud speaker, the virtues of an M79 grenade launcher.

my pops made sure to take me to the theatre to see 'a bridge too far" that was cool !

YouTube - The Roach

I have to add the scene in 'Inglorious Basterds' when Hans Lander is eating the strudel ! Come to think of it there were many great scenes in that film, love it or hate it!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

The scene in "the battle of the bulge" with the panzer crews singing the " panzer Leide"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast