Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Best movie scene ever!

Article about: Great moment from a great film, yes. They just don't make such big, epic, all-star-cast-down-to-the-supporting-roles movies anymore. Naturally, it's standing in my DVD collection right next

?

Default Re: Best movie scene ever!

Qotd, yes thats a strangely stirring part of the film, got the lyrics on google and can now singalong, but the wife wont let me stamp my foot, spoils all my fun

?

I downloaded it on iTunes!!!! They have a few albums on there of third reich marching songs.

Very storing moment, I think one of the first war movies where ther Germans were shown as real soldiers, not just nazis running around yelling "schnell" and "Rausch"

?

My other fav scene is in the "great escape" early in the movie where the pole and the Aussie try to escspe with the Russian prisoners, and the Aussie asks the pole if he knows any Russian and he says " yes, yavas lublu", he asks him what it means and he says "I love you" and the Aussie says "what the bloody good is that" and the pole says "nothing, I wasn't going to use it myself"

?

Love the movie downfall, very good movie.

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    Love the movie downfall, very good movie.
    I agree, great film.

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    I have to add the scene in 'Inglorious Basterds' when Hans Lander is eating the strudel ! Come to think of it there were many great scenes in that film, love it or hate it!
    Indeed. "That's a BINGO!" always cracks me up; but I enjoyed the "Italian speaking scene" best. Don't know how often I've watched it by now...
    YouTube - Fake Italian

Quote by qotd View Post
    The scene in "the battle of the bulge" with the panzer crews singing the " panzer Leide"
    Yes, a very effective, rousing moment... although, to be honest, it was slightly spoilt for me by the fact that they only keep singing one stanza over and over instead of the full lyrics. By the way, I also enjoyed how the melody of the "Panzerlied" occurred throughout the film's orchestral score as a recurring theme. (Bought the soundtrack CD, of course.)

?

Love the line in " breaker morant", Aussie film based on a true story during the boer war. When the judge asks breaker under what rule did you shoot the prisoners, his reply is " we shot them under the rule 303!"

And the other one at the end where he is being executed, his last words were, and this is a fact " shoot straight you bastards, don't make a mess of it "

'Saving Private Ryan' and 'The thin Red Line' for me!

Oh, also 'Inglourious Basterds' or 'Tropic Thunder'.

Regards

Hello all...Kellys Heros....when Clint, Donald and Telly Savalas walk up to the last Tiger tank and make a deal with the panzer crew....the best.

Hello, my best film : Die Brücke
    YouTube - Best Death Scene Ever
    Kanal
    YouTube - Kana

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast