Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Best place for a reproduction ss visor cap

Article about: Thanks again Chaps , and thanks Timothy for the ok on the mentioned link , i have purchased the cap now and fingers crossed it is as nice as it looks on the site. Really appreciate the help

?

Thanks again Chaps , and thanks Timothy for the ok on the mentioned link , i have purchased the cap now and fingers crossed it is as nice as it looks on the site. Really appreciate the help , if the hat is nice i might purchase the collar tabs and tunic from there aswell. Shame about BenVK cheers for adding the info that he is no longer trading here much appreciated.

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    BenVK sadly no longer resides here after his forum suicide.
    I think that was a sad loss as I loved his treads a very knowleged fellow in his own right. timothy

I think that was a sad loss as I loved his treads
    A pity he went through and deleted all the pictures and posts on his threads, and replaced them with "psssssfas" "bssssssa" in every post.

I can highly recommend the link to James Brown's site provied by John.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Post some pictures of it Jimm I would like to see it there are some great ones out there for us poor collectors. timothy

?

They delivered very quickly , only took 1 day! , i ended up purchasing a black ss Nco cap and and the officers stone grey ss cap. I will get some pictures sorted on here later today , i originally purchased the wrong sizes so had to send them back and get the 60-61 size. They are pretty good obviously nothing as great as the extra classe ones but good value for 50 quid. Eventhough i accidently broke the rear blades on one of the eagle badges , can't say the blades are very strong sadly but i've made my own now that i will attatch to the badge with some metal glue. I am now saving for the Tunic and all the correct insignia. Anyway Chaps will get the pictures of the 2 caps posted on this thread later today as promised. Back soon.

?

Here are a few pictures chaps of the caps , along with my busted eagle , ofcourse the caps could be much better but for 50 quid a pop i still thought it was a reasonable price.

DSCF2122.jpgDSCF2115.jpgDSCF2117.jpgDSCF2118.jpgDSCF2119.jpgDSCF2120.jpgDSCF2121.jpg

The rear of each eagle badge is stamped with rz and a serial number.

?

What are your thoughts on these repros chaps?.

Without wishing to being rude, I don't rate them at all, sorry. They are low end of the market.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Jimm,

It is really all about how good a copy you want. Looking at the pictures both caps seem to lack any padding to the front, and the peak looks plastic. I have no idea what your financial situation is, and so it wouldn't be polite for me to criticise too much. Maybe what you have is all you can afford. The caps produced by Michael Janke which are available through Extra Klasse are about as close to the original as you can get. The top body of the cap is padded with woolen fibre as per the oroiginal, the peak is Vulcanfibre, and the stiffeners are as per original - but they cost around £160.

If what you have is all you can afford, then you should be happy with your purchase. But my honest opinion is that the money you have spent on two hats would have been better spent on one better quality cap. The only other option is to buy the real thing, and to most collectors that is just beyond reach.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast