Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Best Small Shop Finds: 2013

Article about: I was viewing Chopperman's thread and beating myself up over my "best" item of 2013. I still haven't decided, but an idea popped into my head for another type of category. We all l

Default Best Small Shop Finds: 2013

I was viewing Chopperman's thread and beating myself up over my "best" item of 2013. I still haven't decided, but an idea popped into my head for another type of category. We all like to frequent small shops, antique stores, small local area guns shows (NOT the MAX or SOS), second hand stores, auctions, yard sales, pawn shops, etc. So, why not a category for the best shop finds of 2013? I will define shop as any of those I just mentioned, small shops, antique stores, small local area guns shows (NOT the MAX or SOS), pawn shops, gun stores, second hand stores, auctions, flea markets, yard sales, garage sales, estate sales, etc. Places you have to physically go to, not just sit behind a monitor stuffing your face with moon pies and buying stuff off online dealer sites. The usual local hunting grounds we all know, love and hold dear to our hearts....and drive our women crazy!

Rules:
    The "best" means anything: hats, helmets, uniforms, photos, patches, field gear, etc.
    "Best" does not necessarily mean the best condition (maybe you found a rare badge or patch, a moth ridden SS visor, maybe even an uber rare transitional reverse runic SS helmet (hint hint, Dan! ) or something but it's a little salty, banged up, you know what I mean!)
    It can be multiple items.
    Try to limit the number of photos (don't get photo happy!)

Here is one of mine. Late war Pioneer visor found in a local antique shop in Gettysburg, PA. Probably my one of my top two local finds for 2013.

visor1.jpg
    visor2.jpg
    visor3.jpg
    Last edited by MD Helmets; 12-16-2013 at 10:52 PM.

I've said it before, and I will say it again, the BEST small shop find was Dan's - the mirror runic SS transitional helmet he found this week!!!!

oberbayern 009.jpgTodd not sure where I would start as I find most all my things local and very few bought online.
    Last one was this.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Jim, I certainly can't argue with that. But since most of us aren't that lucky, let's see those runners up!

Eric, start where ever you'd like, sir, and include as many items as you'd like.

dirk 001.jpgdirk 005.jpgnew stuff 225.jpgrg 002.jpgAll local bought and one 2 weeks before 2013 but I do buy online also from trusted collectors but these are from around here and if we was to go back in past 2013 I could fill a page. alcoso 003.jpgalcoso 002.jpgluftwaffe fire 004.jpgluftwaffe fire 008.jpgfez 005.jpg
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Good stuff Eric
    chris

?

My local finds for this year, my best year of all time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great thread Todd!!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

indeed

?

Good Ideal for a thread as about 80% of what I purchase comes from small antique and or thrift shops here are a few of mine from 2013.
    Private purchase para beret
    Canadian DR helmet
    DR leggings
    Canadian BD tunic
    Canadian ARP Mk II
    Canadian 42 dated C.L.C. Mk II

Regards Mark K
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast