Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Best Small Shop Finds: 2013

Article about: I was viewing Chopperman's thread and beating myself up over my "best" item of 2013. I still haven't decided, but an idea popped into my head for another type of category. We all l

this has to be mine back at the end of Oct, seen it on Gumtree of all places drove 12 miles to pick it up, 100% untouched, all buttons sewn in the original skin coloured thread, tailor made rank Lanyard ( Gaufuhrerin ) and small shoulder button, non standard but 100%, a nice little Sat morning pub car park deal ! very much a rarity is buys like this in Scotland
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Default Mirror runic SS transitional

Well here is my find.. A mirror runic SS transitional. Definitely fits the category, came from a small antique/second-hand shop in N.C. It is fresh from an estate sale, about 5 days ago and it was calling my name from across the shop when I walked in. I came very close to not owning this piece (thanks Doug!) due to my lack of knowledge but luckily had a community out there to help me and secure it.

It has the initials K.F. written in the upper leather with a green grease pencil and the chin strap is broken, so I may return it...

DSC01925.jpgDSC01924.jpgDSC01926.jpgDSC01922.jpgDSC01901.jpgDSC01920.jpgDSC01902.jpgDSC01918.jpg

Considering the fact that the Forum has helped you to make the "Score of the Year"...I suggest you join the Forum as a Gold Club Member...As
    you've seen it's a worthy investment! Welcome, friend....
    cheers, Glenn

- - ------- - -

?

Well said Glenn if every member who has been helped by this excellent forum was a gold club member we would all be in the pink.

Regards Mark K

Thanks, Dan, for adding the mirror SS!

Here is another local shop find from an antique store in Gettysburg, PA, picked up just last week.
    Maker marked "55"

DSC_0419.jpg
    DSC_0428.jpg
    DSC_0429.jpg

Again difficult to pick only one item as many of my buys are found in local antique centers or small local shops, but this ceramic memorial plaque to private William Williams of the South Wales Borders is pretty special IMHO and is only the 2nd of this type in fine china that I have seen. It is still in its original period wooden frame.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Don't let the thread die! lol

Here is another find for me this year at a local shop, tucked away in the back corner of a booth. Measures about 5 inch x 9 inch, and housed in its original trifold holder. A rare period photo of a WWI US soldier who was also a member of the Siberian expedition in 1919.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Don't let the thread die! lol
    Another one then, from the same small shop as my previous post, in fact I bought a number of very good items from the same seller this year.

WWI commemorative of the Battle of Verdun, French made and dated April 1916, among Verdun collectors, it is the only one they have seen or so I was told.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you, Jerry. A great commemorative piece. Post anything you have from small shops. Seems like only a few of is visit small shops and come home with much. I figured we'd have more than this, lol.

?

Some nice finds,all I ever find is junk not worth buying.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast