Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Which is a better magazine....

Article about: Looking to add a magazine subscription. But not sure which one I should subscribe to 1) International Military Collector (B&D Publishing) or 2) The Military Advisor (Bender Publishing) H

MAP
    ?

Default Which is a better magazine....

Looking to add a magazine subscription. But not sure which one I should subscribe to

1) International Military Collector (B&D Publishing)

or

2) The Military Advisor (Bender Publishing)

Having never read either of them, I have no real idea which to pick. I'm sure both are outstanding.

I would probably like the one that focus's mostly on WW2 with an emphasis on Axis but also like reading about WW1 and Allied militaria. Additionally I'm looking for the one that also helps better me as a collector. And not articles about battles, units, people and such (I can study / read that elsewhere ).

Thanks guys!

M

Note: I noticed that Benders yearly subscription is for the International Military Collector but they also have past volumes with the title of International Medal Collector. Not sure if there was a name change at one point.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Sounds like a great idea actually but I still have lots of books I need to read first that I keep buying. Sort of a buy 5 read 1 and repeat situation. Which ever one you choose be sure to review for us.

MAP
    ?

Will let you know. I am told both are highly respected (in fact MA is publishing a counter article regarding the fake Redo SS buckles as discussed in the "What is our collecting Future" thread.

But I know a number of the guys here get these magazines so just want to know which one fits my criteria better. I'm sure I can't go wrong with either of them. I'm leaning towards the international military collector but this is only based on the covers (and you know the old saying... " You can't read a book by its cover"

M

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Sounds great if they are that detailed.

The Military Advisor has been around for years. They are filled with informative articles by respected researchers and collectors.
    Roger has most back issues in stock and you can make arrangements to make a package deal.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Bob!

Anyone else have an opinion one either of these magazines?

Regards

Michael

MAP
    ?

Anyone else have an opinion? Not like you guys don't like giving one....LoL

Seriously, any help would be appreciated.

Michael

I have all issues from the MA, with regularity articles - written by me - are in there.
    Sometimes a magazine is having articles that do interest me; others I do consider as
    not interesting (for me) at all. But isn't that so with most of the magazine?

MAP
    ?

Thanks Wim. They both look good. I think I will order a subscription to both. But will first get MA. It is much cheaper.