Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

BF V video game might be in WW2

Article about: I suppose this wont interest the majority on this forum. But this game might reignite interest for ww2 as whole for a while like in the early 2000s with the general public I have been playin

?

image.jpg

Downloading it now boys. My download speed is trash due to everyone in my family using the wifi rn

?

My overall thoughts.

Some things i like

I really like the gun play, hated it at first but now that i have gotten used to it i really like it, same with the time to kill. It reminds me of BF4 time to kill (and bf4 is still my favourite bf game) . The health and ammo system were you don’t regenerate health or get alot of ammo i dont mind. If you have a friend playing its quite playable even with the hindrances. Tank combat feels pretty cool, especially since they have used the correct aiming reticles.

Somethings i hate
    The revive system, tens seconds to bleed out, then another ten to spawn in. Pretty boring. Rotterdam is a bad map. The game is waaay to quiet(like no background war noise like in BF1)
    Sometimes its really hard to see enemy silhouettes. Planes cant do much. And the automatic battle chat is soooo cringy like. “ELLO OLD CHUM, LONG TIME NO SEE” or “ YOURRRR DEAD”

A more controversial negative
    I saw this mentioned on the battlefield reddit. Why is it only the british team who is “multicultural” and “multi gender”, its quite annoying when the british best squad shows 3 asian woman with hoodies and a black guy for the british.

Another one from the battlefield reddit page is “ so you have all these foreign people fighting for the british, but no Free Norwegians or Dutch forces liberating their own country...” which i think is a fair point.

Keep in mind that this is coming from the point of view of someone who has not played the game, but has watched others play it.

In regards to the 'multicultural' appearance of the British side, I believe the reason is that each class is using a customised preset. The intention is to show off the extensive nature of the customisation, which is not a bad thing in of itself. It's very likely that the full game will see a much less 'diverse' cast, as most players will default to using models that mimic authentic WWII uniforms.

On the subject of uniforms, the German ones in this game look absolutely dreadful. The Third Reich insignia is conspicuous in its absence (take a look at the belt buckles the next time you play). There are also numerous inaccuracies in regards to where various parts of the uniform are affixed. I recall seeing one model that was apparently supposed to be a German officer, with a mess tin clipped to his chest and an EK.I. on his cap in place of an eagle. There is also one class that is running around on the ground with an RAF airman's helmet, goggles and oxygen mask on. That one makes me giggle every time I see it. These are niggles that are only likely to upset those with an interest in history, though.

The game does look fun, but the atmosphere just isn't there for me. Especially when compared to Battlefield 1, the 'feeling' of being in a war just isn't there. It all feels rather cartoony and goofy, especially given the current prevalence of bugs and glitches. You can only watch a killed enemy go cartwheeling and spazzing through the air so many times before it stops being funny. I'm sure it'll be an entirely different experience on release, but as of now I am not convinced.

Also, have you noticed the censor that the game employs in the in-game chat window? It filters out a lot of very interesting phrases, such as 'Nazi', 'nuts', 'dlc' and -- I'm not kidding -- 'white man'. The developers claim this is a glitch, though I find that claim rather dubious, especially as the terms 'black man', 'brown man' and even 'red man' pass the censor without issue. The social justice flip-flopping that the developers are participating in has so far ensured that I have kept my wallet closed. They have yet to change my mind.

Regards, B.B.

?

I saw the chat “white man” censor dilemma. They shot themselves in the foot there. “eat salad” is banned, But so is the word nazi in a ww2 game.

Odd they try appealing to sjws who won’t buy the game anyway.

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    I saw the chat “white man” censor dilemma. They shot themselves in the foot there. “eat salad” is banned, But so is the word nazi in a ww2 game.

Odd they try appealing to sjws who won’t buy the game anyway.
    They really don't seem to be able to put a foot right. It's almost like they're trying to fail. This is looking like it's going to be a rather lackluster entry in the series, even without all the social justice tripe.

B.B.

I've only played the last Battlefield and I soon got bored with it, I guess I'm just too used to Call of Duty! For me World At War is my second favorite Call of Duty. The only one that surpasses it in my opinion is Cod Black Ops 1. Campaign and multiplayer were great and one of the best parts was that I could use WW2 era weapons in the flashback missions. I logged so many hours into zombies particularly the Kino Der Toten map. It was still the good old days where the swastika was uncensored. The attention to detail on the uniforms were astonishing to say the least. I could pick up on some small details if I zoomed in on the iron cross first class. All the zombies even had the Golden Party badge on their uniforms! MP40 is always my weapon of choice. I still play Black Ops to this day. My Ps4 has been gathering dust for almost a year now so I don't think I'll be getting Battlefield. Now these days it seems to be difficult to find a game that doesn't censor offensive symbols. So I think I'll stay in the Stone Age playing on my Ps3 without having to pay for online gaming!

World at War will always be my go-to WWII game. It nails the feeling of what war is; horrifying, violent and brutal. I also appreciate the way it doesn't portray the two sides as black and white/good and evil, especially in regards to the Russian campaign. For a game that's now a decade old, it portrays the war in a much more tasteful and effective manner than any present day title could hope to.

B.B.

?

Fair to say this game failed horribly. Battlefield will probably never dip its toes in historical shooters again in my opinion.

I would get BFV (I considered pre-ordering it), but I would only get it once they add in the Soviets and Eastern Front altogether. I also recommend the game Heroes and Generals, it's a great game that is somewhat realistic! You can be infantry, pilot, tankman, or sniper in either the Red Army, US Army, or Wehrmacht.

Well, I play H&G.. sometimes and if you're looking for something historically correct, BF V is sure the worst thing you can get, not kidding, H&G is a bit better, it's free, the graphics are nothing to write home about but you can play it on a toaster.. or an internet browser like chrome. If you want all the historical accuracy and realism games like Post Scriptum are definitely the way to go, the level of detail there is really nice! But H&G is definitely a lot easier to play than P.S.
    Luis

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast