Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Birthday Goodies

Article about: Hi russ, Your sons a very lucky boy to have this lot in the collection, nice finds. Wish him happy birthday for me on the day. dave.

Default Birthday Goodies

Over the past 6 months or so I’ve been picking up a little something here and a little something there, for my son, to add to his collection, and have been stashing this stuff away in the nooks and crannies of my office. His birthday arrives this Friday so I have dug everything out to see what we have. Nothing special but all stuff I know he will enjoy. A lot of these items have been posted in various threads, as I’ve asked for help identifying some of them.

In this stack of stuff is the following:

WWII US Army Optical Gas Mask
    Portuguese M1916 Fluted Steel Helmet
    British MKIV Turtle Helmet dated 1953
    E-F Training Sextant Kit still in original box
    M1956 East German VoPo Steel Helmet
    Post War Belgian Resistance Membership Card
    Turkish Conversion Bayonet – Not sure what type yet
    Soviet High Altitude Helmet Liner
    German M30 Gas Mask
    Dutch CD Helmet – Reissued British MKII
    and not in photo, a bunch of WWII US Navy Wave Patches that my wife is going to frame.

bday_gifts.jpg

There is a short story behind the E-F Training Sextant. My son and I ran across an A12 Bubble Sextant at a local military surplus store, we got a good deal on it so we picked it up. Inside the box was the sales brochure for the E-F Training Sextant along with a salesman’s letter, to the Director of Military Training at Campion Jesuit High School in Wisconsin, trying to peddle these things to the high school. My wife will do something with the sales brochure and letter so that he can somehow display them along with the E-F Sextant Kit.

This stuff should keep him busy for a minute I think!

Russ

Default Re: Birthday Goodies

He will have one awesome B-day!

Eric

He will have a fantastic birthday for sure.
    The portuguese helmet is very rare, and is constantly getting its prices increased.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Nuno....I do have to admit, the M1916 was I think more for me than him, although he is the collector. It's really the only item in the bunch I spent any real money on. It does not have a liner of course, those are way out of my price range.

?

GREAT stuff ! One lucky kid ! I'm sure he will be very impressed by this collection lol

?

The WWI Portugese helmet is a hard one to find.

Steve, I just checked Hayes Otoupalik and it appears he still has some of these Portugese helmets on his site!

http://http://www.hayesotoupalik.com...0Militaria.htm

Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    Nuno....I do have to admit, the M1916 was I think more for me than him, although he is the collector. It's really the only item in the bunch I spent any real money on. It does not have a liner of course, those are way out of my price range.
    Here, one in the same condition as your`s, wont go for less than 200 euros.
    Two weeks ago i saw one in mint condition, used by the portuguese legion. It was sold for 1000 euros.

WOW....I paid 125 USD for this one, no liner, no marking, just a rusty shell but that's how most of these are. Saw one in pretty decent shape, with a liner, go for $750 on eBay not too long ago.

I've actually had this M1916 lid for a while, my kid discovered it and I told him I picked it up for a good price and was going to re-sell it, to throw him off the track. I even let him display it once but I took it back from him at the end of the day. He thinks it has been sold.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast