Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Blackpool: Hitlers playground?

Article about: by Woolgar I have seen this and I agree it is a fantastic series!! I am from Saxon stock, my family name Woolgar is a good old Saxon name. Our ancestors were enemies Scout! Nick Hahahahah, y

Default Re: Blackpool: Hitlers playground?

They've got so expensive now. They just make prices up on the spot!
    Old mill have some great De-acts.
    Im from alveley so wasnt to far away and was at school there so spent a lot of time there. Some good pubs to!

I got a my Pickelhaube from the English Heritage in B'north funnily enough. From what I have seen less said about Old Curiosity the better. Seems like every time I go in the guy up his prices lol. Also the Old Mill is where I have got a few of my deacts and a toffee apple bomb from.

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    They've got so expensive now. They just make prices up on the spot!
    Old mill have some great De-acts.
    Im from alveley so wasnt to far away and was at school there so spent a lot of time there. Some good pubs to!
    I used to go on a shoot there. Always ended up in the 3 'Oss shoes afterwards. 'The Squirrel' wasn't a bad boozer either.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I used to go on a shoot there. Always ended up in the 3 'Oss shoes afterwards. 'The Squirrel' wasn't a bad boozer either.
    Both good pubs, a house opposite the shoes recently found loads of axes and arrow heads in their garden. Did you know General Lee's familiy are from there and his great grandfather is buried in the church?

"Old Curiosity Shop" that's a blast from the past, they used to advertise in motorbike magazines in the 70s. "Genuine German steel helmets £15"

?

Attached Images Attached Images

?

?

If we move a little south from Blackpool, as contributors may recall, there is a myth that Adolf Hitler visited Liverpool before the Great War – it was the subject of a novel by Beryl Bainbridge. AH certainly did have a half brother, Alois who lived in the city at that time. Incidentally, the son of Alois was William Hitler, who went off to Germany to try his luck with uncle. He left Germany just before the war and finally ended up in the US Navy. His story was told in a not very good book called The Last of the Hitlers. One interesting fact omitted by the book was that William ‘Paddy’ Hitler was an early member of the British Union of Fascists. A few years ago I came across a placard for a fascist meeting that he addressed in Northampton Market Square in 1933.

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    If we move a little south from Blackpool, as contributors may recall, there is a myth that Adolf Hitler visited Liverpool before the Great War – it was the subject of a novel by Beryl Bainbridge. AH certainly did have a half brother, Alois who lived in the city at that time. Incidentally, the son of Alois was William Hitler, who went off to Germany to try his luck with uncle. He left Germany just before the war and finally ended up in the US Navy. His story was told in a not very good book called The Last of the Hitlers. One interesting fact omitted by the book was that William ‘Paddy’ Hitler was an early member of the British Union of Fascists. A few years ago I came across a placard for a fascist meeting that he addressed in Northampton Market Square in 1933.
    A very interesting document !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Goering it is said, had planned to move into Burghley House (Lincolnshire), where the famous horse trials are now held (yes ... the last Old Nag was found guilty )

Burghley

And for a weekend retreat, he had picked a small Georgian village house at Peakirk about 5 miles away as his lodge.

Gary J.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast