Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Blackpool: Hitlers playground?

Article about: by Woolgar I have seen this and I agree it is a fantastic series!! I am from Saxon stock, my family name Woolgar is a good old Saxon name. Our ancestors were enemies Scout! Nick Hahahahah, y

Default Re: Blackpool: Hitlers playground?

I wish I understood this British geography humor.

I traced my maternal line directly back to York, so I suppose I'm a Viking? And that's all I've got to say about that. lol

Quote by ObKrieger View Post

I traced my maternal line directly back to York, so I suppose I'm a Viking? And that's all I've got to say about that. lol
    ..or a Roman or a Saxon !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

You Brits are a funny lot!!!!!!

I don't think Hirohito had a summer residence in North Queensland .... but I could be wrong
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    ..or a Roman or a Saxon !

Nick
    True!

I'm actually taking a class about all of that right now. We have been studying the settlement of the British Isles by the Celts, the Vikings, the Romans, the Saxons, the Normans, etc. It's fascinating stuff. I love how the English language and British DNA were molded into what it is today.

I had to read Bryan Sykes' 'Blood of the Isles' for my class. The book was fantastic and I'd recommend it to anyone interested in the genetic history of the people of Britain.

Blood of the Isles: Professor Bryan Sykes: 9780593056523: Amazon.com: Books

True!

I'm actually taking a class about all of that right now. We have been studying the settlement of the British Isles by the Celts, the Vikings, the Romans, the Saxons, the Normans, etc. It's fascinating stuff. I love how the English language and British DNA were molded into what it is today.

I had to read Bryan Sykes' 'Blood of the Isles' for my class. The book was fantastic and I'd recommend it to anyone interested in the genetic history of the people of Britain.

Blood of the Isles: Professor Bryan Sykes: 9780593056523: Amazon.com: Books
    Thats sounds really interesting ! I may just have to read that

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

"Just one more thing" .....
    We now know, it was the Vikings who first discovered America, not Columbo !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mongrel Nation: Immigration - YouTube
    You need to watch these mate..

?

If anybody has but the slightest interest in the Vikings and from whence they came, I heartedly recommend the following BBC production.

Without one of the finest documentaries on the subject, that I have ever seen - and Ive seen a few.

'BLOOD OF THE VIKINGS' trace the origins of the Vikings and amongst other things through blood tests/DNA determine, where they settled in the UK.

Goes without saying, that York plays a not insignificant role in the production.

Again, I simply can not recommend this enough - far above all the generic shows that gets churned out, this rises as a shining beacon.

Enough hyperbole - here it is, nothing less than fantastic must-see-TV:
    Blood of the Vikings - Part 1 - First Blood - Full Length - YouTube

Okay, so Im biased, as Im from Viking stock, but watch it or we'll come back and rape your goats and kill your women!

WARNING! Once you get immersed in the documentary, you wont be able to stop watching it and you will have to hang on to the end.

I have seen this and I agree it is a fantastic series!!

I am from Saxon stock, my family name Woolgar is a good old Saxon name.

Our ancestors were enemies Scout!

Nick

I've seen it too, great series!..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast