Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Blood or rust?

Article about: I have a Vietnam uniform with a little damage in the neck and it looks to be field repaired. There are a lot of spots around the area, and I'm wondering if it could possibly be blood? I need

Default Re: Blood or rust?

I want to see the tunic as well

Here you go guys:

This tunic is a time capsule in its own right;untouched down to the internal "tragegurte" and the sorta "scratchbuilt" right shoulder strap.
    Gonna post this tunic in detail soon in the right forum.Please excuse the bad quality of the pictures but I had to post them as fast as I could or else Bigned would have crucified me! Jokin' of course!
    Horrido!

An amazing one you got there. Kind of creepy too, dont get to see many like that. Thanks for showing, looking forward for the in detail post

Quote by Poromies View Post
    An amazing one you got there. Kind of creepy too, dont get to see many like that. Thanks for showing, looking forward for the in detail post
    Thank you very much for appreciating that Poromies.
    As a side note I’d point out that a few rust stains can be spotted beside the front part of the right tragegurt;it can be useful colorwise to tell the difference between rust and old dried blood!
    This tunic,found in Northern Italy many decades ago, was picked up by a peasant’s son a few days after a clash between German and Allied troops(presumably American) in the final days of the War;looks like no one was killed on that day,only a few Germans were wounded and this tunic most likely belonged to one of them.Judging by the ribbon bar he must have been a real Vet; Sudetenland medal(1938),EK2 and four years long service medal;awards are definitely not my forte…could anybody confirm if the bar is worn upside-down? and
    This is one of those rare pieces a collector wouldn’t sell even if starving...I surely wouldn't and WON'T!
    Cheers
    Horrido!

Blood goes jet black...I agree with the others, rush for sure.

I believe its rust.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Default In the same vein...

Have a flag I got relatively well priced for it being cut from it's original length as a trophy, and for being stained. The person I got it from noting that, but left it interestingly ambiguous. On close look at the way it's formed, and the color, I'm thinking it's not rust. Could be coffee for all I know, with the aging or other factors. Anyone able to give a 2nd opinion? Attachment 106510133c.jpg33b.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2