Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

'Blood of the Vikings' - Must See TV.

Article about: I mentioned this program in passing in another thread, but just wanted to bang the drum for this fine program here as well, in case some hadnt read the other thread unrelated to Vikings. Her

Default Re: 'Blood of the Vikings' - Must See TV.

Quote by Scout View Post
    "Hoarder of Crosses?"
    Huh? You have lost me there Scout, maybe you can elucidate your meaning?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Think nothing of it - brain fart

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Jerry the Viking!, otherwise known as the firelord, though Taffy bloodaxe sounds really good. Jones the berserker would not have been authentic as Jones is a post medieval concoction partly because of the English's inability to pronounce or spell Welsh names. I should of course point out that there is no J in the Welsh alphabet, so Jerry would not be a period name or at least not spelt that way. Jones is a corruption of the name Iones and it has been argued that this corruption was gladly adopted by some Welsh people as they wished to be more English at a time when Wales was a marginal backwater, much like today. and of course, the term Wales or Welsh is not even a word from the language of that nation, as it is derived from the Anglo Saxon word for foreigner, with Cymru being the native term for the area of Britain and derives from the word Cambrogi meaning brother or fellow country man, but it must also be remembered that Wales is not a country but a principality and is not represented on the flag of the Union.
    Interesting stuff mate!...

?

I've really enjoyed this thread. I love the documentary.

Fantastic! Any link to the next installments?
    Bloody Viking Lways messing up the neighborhood.... Lowering property values.

We don't have access to great shows like this in the USA.....

?

Thanks.

Heheeh yes, a sudden influx of Vikings in the neighbourhood will put a dent in property values - literally!!

Just go youtube and punch in 'Blood of the Vikings.' All the parts of the series are lined up - you just pick them in succession.

Quote by hassiman View Post
    Fantastic! Any link to the next installments?
    Bloody Viking Lways messing up the neighborhood.... Lowering property values.

We don't have access to great shows like this in the USA.....
    Here you go 'H'....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Looks like a great show, I'll start watching it right now. Here are a couple of books I have read on the Vikings that I highly recommend to anybody with interest: The Vikings by Else Roesdahl and A History of the Vikings by Gwyn Jones. They are older books, but some of the best ones on the subject.

?

The 'Blood of the Vikings' documentary is also posted on youtube in one batch for the hardcore Viking fan - at least, thats how I remember watching the documentary.

I feel like watching it again - pure undiluted quality TV (never thought, I should write those words in the same sentence).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2