Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Bob Coleman

Article about: At WAF it was noted that Bob Coleman has passed away. Did someone hear this also and if this is correct? If so, a great collector did leaf us and the collecting world and it is for sure he w

?

Terrible news.
    May you Rest In Peace Mr. Coleman.

My condolences to his wife.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

deep condolences to bob's family! starting long ago when I was just a kid, he always had, or rather, made time for me and what were very naive questions. he continued in that helpful, patient vein with me & a great many others for decades.

I last saw him at one of the major u.s. shows a few years back. there, when he could've been relentlessly hawking wares from his several large sales tables, bob - true to form - never tired of assisting collectors and even the merely curious. from several points of view, he set very high standards for the hobby, while never in my experience being boastful as might expect given the vast scale of his collection. one of the great, quietly competent, scholarly guys.

MAP
    ?

Quote by vady View Post
    deep condolences to bob's family! starting long ago when I was just a kid, he always had, or rather, made time for me and what were very naive questions. he continued in that helpful, patient vein with me & a great many others for decades.

I last saw him at one of the major u.s. shows a few years back. there, when he could've been relentlessly hawking wares from his several large sales tables, bob - true to form - never tired of assisting collectors and even the merely curious. from several points of view, he set very high standards for the hobby, while never in my experience being boastful as might expect given the vast scale of his collection. one of the great, quietly competent, scholarly guys.
    Wow...well said!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Back in the spring I had been searching for an NSKK tie to complete my ensemble. Bob said I will send you one Rossi and you can mail me a check. I said sure and told him as well lets grab dinner when I am in WI for business. My treat. A few weeks passed and in the mail came a tie. I reached out to Bob and thanked him. The first thing he did is apologize for taking so long. My heart broke as he told me he was dealing with more illness and it was hard for him to find the tie. I said Sir it is no problem and I am grateful you took time with the way things are to even locate it. I asked him about getting dinner and he said... "Well...things are going in the wrong direction Rossi". If I am able I would love to have dinner. I said okay lets touch base in early June. I asked him what I owed him for the tie. He said you keep it as my gift. I know you will cherish it and be a good caretaker of it. Your a fine guy Rossi. You owe me nothing. Pass it to the next collector some day. I swallowed hard as I sensed he was trying to say goodbye. So each day I walk through the collection I stop and look at that tie and thank God for Guys Like Bob Coleman. Respectful, Humble, Tireless, Helpful and Gracious at every turn. I just regret as I followed up by phone and email in June and never got my dinner or to say goodbye to this stellar man. Then I heard he passed in July. In the end all we have is a legacy to leave and Bob left a great legacy for himself and this hobby.

aa.jpg
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Well said, Kirk.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I just found out... its a real pity.. i have a nice SA- cap validated by Bob... This fact makes it a priced item for me, because BobĀ“s " thumbs up" is the best credential one can have...

I never met Bob, but still very thankful for sharing his vast knowledge in such a prolific way. The man will be ( & is) missed.
    Last edited by rbminis; 03-15-2019 at 04:48 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6