Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Books!

Article about: My birthday is coming up pretty soon and I want to get myself a few books (up to 10 books) My main intresst is sniping/snipers. I allready own "Sniper on the eastern front" by Sepp

Default Re: Books!

Then I guess I'll have a try

Well Mauser9, rather want a little more "realistic" movie than saving private ryan. I loved the movie!
    But the story, the german tactics

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Whats this Is it true there is going to be a movie produced on the book The Forgotten Soldier. If so I hope they do a good job like Saving Private Ryan. Quick Someone chime in with more info!!!!!!!
    I think they have been talking about making this for years and as far as I know it has yet to happen.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Whats this Is it true there is going to be a movie produced on the book The Forgotten Soldier. If so I hope they do a good job like Saving Private Ryan. Quick Someone chime in with more info!!!!!!!
    It will need a very skilled Director to pull this one off !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Here are a few not too bad books-and a few sniper ones as well from both sides.
    1. Blood Red Snow: The Memoirs of a German Soldier on the Eastern Front by Gunter K. Koschorrek
    2. Black Edelwiss: A Memoir of Combat and Conscience by a Soldier of the Waffen SS by Johann Voss
    3. Eastern Inferno: The Journals of a Panzerjager on the Eastern Front 1941-43 by Christine Alexander and Mason Kunze
    4. Red Sniper on the Eastern front: The Memoirs of Joseph Pilyushin by Joseph Pilyushin
    5. Sniper Ace: From the Eastern Front to Siberia by Bruno Sutkus
    6. Notes of a Russian Sniper by Vassili Zaitsev
    7. Sniper on the Eastern front: The Memoirs of Sepp Allerberger, Knight's Cross by Albrecht Wacker
    8. In Deadly Combat: A German Soldier's Memoir of the Eastern Front by Gottlob Herbert Biderman
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

At Leningrad's Gates: A Story of a Soldier With Army Group North by William Lubbeck.
    Good book plus I was lucky enough to speak with him and have him sign my book!

Luke

Wagriff! Thx for the list!
    I'm getting my hands on the
    "5. Sniper Ace: From the Eastern Front to Siberia by Bruno Sutkus
    6. Notes of a Russian Sniper by Vassili Zaitsev
    7. Sniper on the Eastern front: The Memoirs of Sepp Allerberger, Knight's Cross by Albrecht Wacker"

I'll check out the rest!

Thx guys

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3