Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Books for a begginer

Article about: Hey there I'm a new warrelics.eu member and, like a begginer, I need a little help from you I'm interested in German Militaria. I see that you can find a lot of books about my interest but t

Default Books for a begginer

Hey there

I'm a new warrelics.eu member and, like a begginer, I need a little help from you

I'm interested in German Militaria. I see that you can find a lot of books about my interest but there are so many and I don't really know where to start to learn some information about helmets, insignia, badges, etc.

I live in Romania and these kind of books aren't available in our libraries but you can find a lot of collectibles from our local dealers but no books. My questions is: Could you help me with some titles to start my research? One title for one type of collectible (badges, insignia, helmets, etc.)

Hope you don't think that I'm lazy but the thing is that I see a lot of titles and I don't know what book is good. Plus, the only way to buy some books is to go to amazon or ebay but I really can't spend the money with my eyes closed so I would really appreciate it if you can help me with my request.

Thank you very much guys

?

Default Re: Books for a begginer

Hi Alexi and welcome to the forum.

German militaria covers a huge amount of topics and collecting fields. My advice would be to narrow your interests down to a few subjects and go from there.

Decide what areas you are really interested in, helmets, decorations, field gear etc and then browse the respective forums for ideas. I know in the Third Reich Decorations forum there are several threads on books and I guess the same might apply to the others as well.

Take a look through the forums, use the 'Search' function at the top right of the screen and don't be afraid to ask any questions.

Have fun!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Welcome Alexi

We are call here to help you!

Enjoy your time here

Nick
    Last edited by Woolgar; 05-11-2013 at 02:01 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Welcome Alexi, you've certainly come to the right place to learn, there are some very knowledgeable and helpful people here.

Thanks for your welcome guys

I will search through this forum no doubt. It's just that for the moment at least I like everything related to German Militaria and that's why I'm a little confused

I will try to narrow my interests and start from there. Thanks again.

I will remain on this forum and I have to apologize because I can't help any members of this forum because my lack of information about German Militaria

Thanks,

Alex

Hello and welcome, if you go down the buckle route Angolias revised edition and the Nash book are probably the best around
    Ben