MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Books by Members

Article about: Is it at all possible to sell the books written by member's of the forum on here? I know some of the fantastic people on here i have had the pleasure to talk to, have some very good books fo

Default Books by Members

Is it at all possible to sell the books written by member's of the forum on here? I know some of the fantastic people on here i have had the pleasure to talk to, have some very good books for the collecting community..people like Wim Saris.. i for one would like to buy some..

Hi,

My book is available on Amazon, or any good book dealer would get it for you. it may not be your cup of tea though. Many people still don't view Northern Ireland as ever being a war. This causes much resentment amongst the many veterans who served there - especially in the early years - during the 1970's. I am always willing to do a dedication for anyone who purchases a copy. Have a look at my website if you are interested.
    Cheers,
    Steve.

What is your website address mate..i personally dont know as much as i should about the subject,but i remember it always being on the news..always seemed like a warzone to me

Have a look at my signature and click on the website address. I am currently working on a second book - but this will definitely be the last. I was asked to do the new one by the publisher, and also by many of my former army friends. Our tour in Andersonstown (Nov 71-March 72) was claimed by many to be the most successful tour ever carried out in the Province by any unit in the British Army. In a four-months period we had over 400 shootings and bombings just in our area. That works out at four a day! If you go on the German helmet forum and click on the relic helmet forum you will see a posting of mine where I mention just one of the incidents.
    Cheers,
    Steve.

I am all for people buying books! Any authors here are welcome to plug their items.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Anyone done a reference book on knifes and bayonets?.

?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Hi,

My book is available on Amazon, or any good book dealer would get it for you. it may not be your cup of tea though. Many people still don't view Northern Ireland as ever being a war. This causes much resentment amongst the many veterans who served there - especially in the early years - during the 1970's. I am always willing to do a dedication for anyone who purchases a copy. Have a look at my website if you are interested.
    Cheers,
    Steve.
    We know it was war Steve especially in the early days !! It's great that the story of those days from a Gunner perspective has been told and guys like Bernie and Kim are remembered .

I can highly recommend this book to all members if you really want to know what the WAR in Ireland was like !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    We know it was war Steve especially in the early days !! It's great that the story of those days from a Gunner perspective has been told and guys like Bernie and Kim are remembered .

I can highly recommend this book to all members if you really want to know what the WAR in Ireland was like !
    I'm embarrassed to say i haven't bought it yet, sorry Steve!...

Books from the headgear-series "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" one can purchase from
    Bender Publishing. Some volumes are no longer available. So far 1 through 5 were released.
    Volume 6 is planned, but not yet an idea when this will be ready.

Further Bender published: "Aiguillettes of the Third Reich" with 640 pages and "Handbook of
    the Hitler-Jugend, Bann Number and Gebiet triangles
    " with 784 pages (both with much photographs
    in color). Planned is a book (working-title): "Third Reich Reichsbahn-eagles". Maybe released at
    the end of 2014. It deals larely about eagles for engines and cars!

From VDM in Germany (VDM Heinz Nickel : VDM Heinz Nickel Verlag)
    one can purchase: "Amts- Behörden- und Dienststellenschilder - Wall Plaques and Official Signboards of Hitler's
    Third Reich, 1933-1945
    " with 460 pages (english lanuage) and "Ringkragen und Brustschilder im Dritten Reich"
    with 704 pages, German language, size 21.0 x 30. cm (over 3.0 cm thick). Both are in full color.

Further I wrote "Deutsche Lufthansa, 1926-1945 - Geschichte, Bekleidung und Abzeichen", 321 pages, German
    language, b/w photographs, size 21.0 x 30.0 cm. I do not know if this is available anymore. One book is not for
    sale at all, as it was only written (in Dutch) for members from my army unit, serving in the former Dutch colony
    New-Guinea.

I have made a 28 page pamphlet in English regarding German field phones. If you cover postage I will send one to you. It has practical information on how to set up field phones and operate a 10 line switchboard. There is also some translations of manual pages and equipment information. NH

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast