Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Article about: I just finished watching this excellent piece of cinematography. This movie is a must see and gives a glimpse in the separation of 2 peoples. The 2 young boys on the opposite side of the fen

Default Re: The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Good movie, Larry

Oddly enough, I wasn't familiar with it and never heard of it until one of my kids asked me if I saw it. So a kid suggested it and we watched it, it was good and a learning experience for my son.

@ Maximus71, thanks for ruining Titanic for me! The boat sinks? lol Sadly I already wasted the 3.5 hours to see what we all knew already.

Mark
    Last edited by Greenhorn; 05-08-2013 at 04:33 AM. Reason: typo, as usual
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

I will put it on my must watch list
    Thanks Larry!

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

What a great movie. Very sad

Yes I thought the movie was well done with some good acting. Ending was quite gripping as well.

It is available on Netflix. It is an Insant view movie. That's how I saw it. Good movie. A true depiction of how children see things in black and white, for what they are, and don't recognize political and social differences. Very moving.

That kid was frickin dumb. OH yeah, why dont we switch clothes! Lol.

The film stays with you a long time after watching it!

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/discu...pyjamas-93417/

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

JMM
    ?

Saw the movie some time ago. Very interesting one. Not violent and with a great message.
    I remember reading somewhere at the time that the book it was inspired on was sold in libraries at the children section
    A very good movie that I recommend everybody to watch

Unlike Schindlers List where there was random executions...The Boy in the Striped pajamas" SS men bring closer the cruelty of the SS officers in beating the house helpers,,,....not seen in the movie but heard in the background,,which leftthe imagination to fill in the rest. The Commandants young son expressed a few words to describe 1 of the SS men which was his fathers adjutant. "why so serious"? The wife and the children had no idea of the promotion that he was awarded was to command a KL camp. The acting and sometimes the silent stares from the adjutant and also the father spoke more loudly than a few spoken words. I felt this movie brought me closer to a reality of how cold and mean these guys really were!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Yeah i listened to an interview with the main star. He said he read Commandant of Aushwitz for reference and based his character off of Rudolf Hoess.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast