Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Britain moves motion in parliament to ban sales of "Nazi" memorabilia

Article about: Quick article I found on the " latest WW2 news" site. Whilst I agree the selling of holocaust items is abhorrent, should all memorabilia be banned from sale? And the reference to e

Default Re: Britain moves motion in parliament to ban sales of "Nazi" memorabilia

In the spirit of International Friendship and Cooperation, in the event of such a catastrophic bill actually being passed in the UK, please let me be the first to offer myself as a repository for any and all freshly declared illegal Third Reich memorabilia and relics. I especially appeal to those advanced collectors who would be thus forced to turn in their rare and treasured collections for government destruction, to put aside all thoughts of monetary gain and to send me their collections in their entirety to be thusly saved. I can absolutely assure these collectors that their rare and unique relics and memorabilia will be respectfully treated and protected here in the United States of America. Thank you!
    P.S. Please email me for my shipping address...(postage to be paid in full by the Sender, naturally...)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Default Re: Britain moves motion in parliament to ban sales of "Nazi" memorabilia

Most of the time you see swatica's been covered up on most items that are put up for sale on fairs in Belgium, but I think only the city of LiƩge forbids swastica's to be saled and displayed on public places.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    In the spirit of International Friendship and Cooperation, in the event of such a catastrophic bill actually being passed in the UK, please let me be the first to offer myself as a repository for any and all freshly declared illegal Third Reich memorabilia and relics. I especially appeal to those advanced collectors who would be thus forced to turn in their rare and treasured collections for government destruction, to put aside all thoughts of monetary gain and to send me their collections in their entirety to be thusly saved. I can absolutely assure these collectors that their rare and unique relics and memorabilia will be respectfully treated and protected here in the United States of America. Thank you!
    P.S. Please email me for my shipping address...(postage to be paid in full by the Sender, naturally...)
    lol... You could at least pay the shipping!

You guys can send me your stuff too!

For the simple fact of wanting to keep my freedoms, I have no problem with the sale or ownership of holocaust items. While it may be grimm, to me anyways, it surely should not be banned. What next, Nazi momorabelia? My grandfather's property should not be illegal for me to possess and if times were tough, I would want top dollar for the threads. Freedom, sometimes we are just asking to give it away!!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Ridiculous kneejerking bandwagon jumping 3rd rate politicians desperate for Daily Mail reader's votes IMO.

For anyone not of the UK, a typical Daily Mail headline might be "Britain! Are illegal immigrant single mother lesbian thugs taking tax payers money in benefits and destroying the memory of Princess Diana? Our poll says YES!"

Nothing will happen, but if it does my name will be on the top of the petition. What about the many individuals whose 'pension' resides on their shelves? Will they be compensated for the loss?

I never get this at all. What does banning the sale of anything do? Alll it does is raise the value on the collectors market and you will always see a surge in the purchase of the banned items. Does it erase the past? Does it end racial tension? No

I simply do not get the point...

?

Certain Do-Gooders were trying to get the sale of Third Reich Memorabilia banned in Australia about three years ago. It seems an outraged member
    of the public happened to wander into a Fyshwick, Canberra antique shop where one of the store holders had so called "Nazi" items for sale, resulting
    in the predictable muckraking journalism & opinion polls by the local Media. If the press were to be believed there would be busloads of Neo-Nazis
    heading to Fyshwick to buy up all of this "horrible" merchandise because it was readily available. I have been to this shop & if the Medias fears are
    correct then the Neos are welcome to it as probably 50% of the items are fake at about three times the going price rate.

Regards
    Brett

On the other hand, fantastic bit of free advertising for that shop. If I saw an article like that about a nearby store my only reaction would be to wander down and have a poke about.

?

How very true!

Regards
    Brett
    Last edited by Brett; 03-22-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2