Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Legion Flanders poppies from B&Q stores

Article about: Just picked up a few packs of Flanders poppy seeds from B&Q DIY store today. Funding of the British Legion project to get people to plant poppies in their gardens across Great Britain in

Default British Legion Flanders poppies from B&Q stores

Just picked up a few packs of Flanders poppy seeds from B&Q DIY store today.

Funding of the British Legion project to get people to plant poppies in their gardens across Great Britain in commemoration of the 100 year anniversary of the start of WW1 was rejected by the Lottery funding board as not worthy enough.

But fortunately B&Q took up the project and now Flanders poppy seeds from the British Legion can be purchased from their DIY stores. They cost £2 per pack of which £1 goes to the British Legion, the rest goes to the seed producer etc.

Centenary Poppy Campaign - The Royal British Legion.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Excellent, and very worthy and well done B&Q. I am not sure where the nearest branch is to me, Carmarthen I think, her indoors will know.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Good call.. I will get the Missus onto this I would like to see some poppies popping up in the garden I think it would add a nice splash of colour!!! Cheers Terry.

Nice il plant some poppys in one of my farmer friends fields to cheer him up abit.

Heres my picture of poppys I took whilst driving through the somme in 2011.

France 2011 & Owen 1st Birthday 141.jpg

?

It does say on the British Legion website do not plant in Farmers fields or areas of SSI..lol So you will probably get shot first..Cheers Terry.

Haha does it really. Its because poppy's are a nightmare to control in crops especially osr (the yellow stuff) the worse thing about them is once you've got em you cant get rid of the dam things.

They look beautiful, but they are a menace really.

matty.

?

Default What

What a coincidence !

Whilst perusing the local garden centre, and after selecting a multicoloured Hydraphobia for Mothers day, I saw at the checkout a "donation" packet of "Victoria Cross" Poppy seeds ... which I purchased.

A few of my friends will be in for a surprise this summer when their out in their gardens

Gary J.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This was a good idea the RBL had to raise funds. There is now a bewildering abundance of charities which have been set up to supposedly help our ex-servicemen. The RBL was the first, and is still the best. Because of all the other charities, their fund-raising has suffered. One of these newer charities only help former (and serving) soldiers who were injured in Afghanistan, and yet people are under the impression they help ALL veterans. This is not the case. Think before you donate to them.

I think i'll buy a packet or two!...

?

I must agree ...
    I didn't realise the RBL were doing their own ....

Gary J.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    This was a good idea the RBL had to raise funds. There is now a bewildering abundance of charities which have been set up to supposedly help our ex-servicemen. The RBL was the first, and is still the best. Because of all the other charities, their fund-raising has suffered. One of these newer charities only help former (and serving) soldiers who were injured in Afghanistan, and yet people are under the impression they help ALL veterans. This is not the case. Think before you donate to them.