Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

The Brits Who Fought For Hitler

Article about: John amery was executed in 1946 for his participation in the British freikorps

Default The Brits Who Fought For Hitler

I remember talking to a guy who collected many things German around 10yrs ago. I remember him telling me that there was a British SS division. I laughed it off and thought he was a crack pot until recently i found this youtube clip....

The Brits Who Fought For Hitler - YouTube

What really suprised my was a 34min mark there is one of the soldiers who fled the UK and now lives up the road from me in kalamunda/Mundaring WTF!!!!!!!

I know war is terrible but personally i would rather die either suicide or by the ememy then leave fellow soldier to die in pow camps then fight for the enemy.

This side of the war seems either kept hush or pretty quite. I was talking to my girlfreinds grandmother who was talling me about the london blitz when she was a little girl. I brought up the British free corps and she looked horrified and was offended i even mentioned it and thought i was making it up

- - Updated - -

More info... British Free Corps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Default Re: The Brits Who Fought For Hitler

If you are referring to the one who fled to Australia, there was a peice in the paper when they died.
    Morris

Very interesting find i love to read about this stuff it always interests me about how much the government actually keeps hidden !!

?

Here is a pic of a Member of the British Freekorps

Greg

Quote by Studly View Post
    Here is a pic of a Member of the British Freekorps

Greg
    Great image greg i cant image how much one of thoose uniforms would be worth wow !! is this an image from your collection or one from the internet ?

There were three Australians who joined as well, one of them was locked up in Fremantle prison for a while when he got home.

?

I knew about the one in WA Sandgroper....As for the pic it came from the web.

Greg

Any uniforms still around or are all of them repros. Wouldnt of thought many if any would of made it out the war without being burnt.
    How much would one be worth if found?

?

Were the BFC any more traitorous than members of "The Right Club" (which was borne out of the former White Knights of Britain or Hooded Men and the Nordic League) whose members included the likes of the Duke of Westminster, the Duke of Hamilton, the Duke of Montrose, the Duke of Wellington, the Marquess of Graham, the Earl of Galloway and a host of other British Nazi sympathisers of the day who plotted against Churchill in an attempt to stop the war against Nazism in 1940.

It was his pre-war friend the Duke of Hamiltion that Hess requested to make contact with in Scotland.
    Last edited by StefanM; 05-15-2013 at 10:06 AM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast