Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

The Brits Who Fought For Hitler

Article about: John amery was executed in 1946 for his participation in the British freikorps

?

Default Re: The Brits Who Fought For Hitler

John amery was executed in 1946 for his participation in the British freikorps

?

Some images..
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    John amery was executed in 1946 for his participation in the British freikorps
    It was 19th December 1945 by Albert Pierrepoint in Wandsworth Prison.

An interesting anecdote:

Pierrepoint described him as "the bravest man I ever hanged". Greeting the hangman at the appointed hour, Amery reportedly quipped: "Mr Pierrepoint, I've always wanted to meet you, but not, of course, under these circumstances...". A proof copy of this article is in the Prison Commission files at the United Kingdom National Archives, but it is contradicted by another archive file: the Prison Commission official who wrote this stated that "Amery did extend his hand and said 'Oh! Pierrepoint.' Upon which Pierrepoint took his hand and placed it behind his back for pinioning and that the conversation was entirely limited to that remark".

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Ah yes, you're correct. I said 1946 because so many were executed then. I should have remembered it was 1945 because there's a song about it, and 45 was mentioned in it.thanks Adrian .
    Dean
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    Some images..
    Just for the record, I thought I should add that the first photo is of an re-enactors uniform, the 'Britain's awake' poster is a fantasy item (I believe) and the bottom right photo is also modern. The poster 'our flag is going forward too' is an original design, I think and the middle left photo is authentic and is of Alfred Minchin, a former merchant seaman. This photo is the only one known which clearly shows the cuff title and national shield being worn.

The only real thing I can contribute is an original 1934 "Blackshirt/The Fascist Week" newspaper from my lot. Quite a scary publication
    Last edited by reneblacky; 05-16-2013 at 07:40 AM. Reason: added text

Remember Rene, we had the New Guard here as well...

Without straying to far off topic...Numerous countries (and probabaly most) around the world had its Fascist, Integralist, Nazi or Falangist organisation during this period.

A good history of Fascism was authored by Stanley G. Payne, A History of Fascism 1914–1945, London, pub. Roultedge, 2001 and IMO a worthy reference book.

A study of more contemporary neo-Nazi and fascist groups is The Beast Reawakens: Fascism's Resurgence from Hitler's Spymasters to Today's Neo-Nazi Groups and Right-Wing Extremists. by Lee, Martin A. (1999) pub. Routledge. But it could with updating now to cover more recent developments following the collapse of Communism in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I posted these links on another thread about the British Free Corps (https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...urvive-275572/)

For sale, the deadly three lions badge of the British SS | Mail Online

I can't comment on its originality but it appears to have sold for £7400 so somebody thought it was good!

British Free Corps

Thumbs up Re: The Brits Who Fought For Hitler

The Daily Mail article in the link posted by Grimebox carries an inset which states " Willhelm "Bob" Rossler is believed to be the only BFC member to see action, helping to defend Berlin in Spring 1945"....

article-0-0553C684000005DC-44_468x375.jpg
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast