Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Buffalo Barn field finds

Article about: Since you guys across the pond have the airfields, battlefields to metal detect, you get all the cool stuff. But all I have here is a abandoned Buffalo farm and field. These are my findings

Default Buffalo Barn field finds

Since you guys across the pond have the airfields, battlefields to metal detect, you get all the cool stuff. But all I have here is a abandoned Buffalo farm and field. These are my findings as of today and yesterday, I had a friend with me at the time. Bunch of farm equipment parts/pieces, one Winchester shotshell made between 1894-1938 and a Ford manifold cover, probably from the 1960s. I found a belt buckle, half a horse shoe and something I can't identify. I found some other stuff but left it behind. Me and my friend plan to go back later today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Buffalo Barn field finds

It would be nice to have airfields and battlefields to detect, that is certain. But when I think of the price those people paid, I'm glad to live in a country that doesn't have the battlefields. In the South, there are some battlefields, but no detecting allowed there any more. If you know where camps were there are still some finds to be made from the War of Northern Aggression.
    Nice finds, by the way. It's amazing what lies under our feet sometimes.

Default Re: Buffalo Barn field finds

I wasn't expecting to find that many things but now that I know what to expect to come out of this little field. It took about 25 minutes to completely dig out the engine manifold and then carried it home along with the other stuff. When we go back today I'll take a picture of one of the pieces of farm equipment that was left behind.