Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Build A Tiger Tank issue number 1 50p

Article about: I was just wondering if anyone had brought this magazine? and what your thoughts are about it

Default Build A Tiger Tank issue number 1 50p

I was just wondering if anyone had brought this magazine? and what your thoughts are about it

Default re: Build A Tiger Tank issue number 1 50p

Hi
    I was thinking of going for it but when i calculated the amount of issues and the price it worked out I think about £680. A bit expensive for a model tank.

Martin

?

these are a con imo by the time you've finished paying out to build it piece buy piece each month you could have bought a complete kit out right for only half the price & just as good !

i agree i always find they stop the magazine about halfway through i used to love making ww2 models when i was in the army but now i'm married with kids and am not allowed to now lol

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    these are a con imo by the time you've finished paying out to build it piece buy piece each month you could have bought a complete kit out right for only half the price & just as good !

Like the man says.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

In a way i agree with you but im collecting both the Lancaster bomber and the tiger tank, however you do get the magazine as well and both are excellent reference files, true it does work out expensive but the detail involved in both kits is extreme, seperate dials and cockpit switches ,wiring looms and internal spars and attachments and all equipment for the lanc, more or less the same for the metal tiger, the gun and mantel weigh nearly 1/4 pound on its own, again the internal workings are extremely detailed along with etched metal parts, all in all they are museum quality pieces.

Hi Davejb
    Don,t forget to show us them when you get them finished.

Martin

?

Default Re: Build A Tiger Tank issue number 1 50p

Yes i will do in about a years time, but i intend to show a work in progress when i get the photography side sorted out

I have just subscribed. I think it will be an intresting project for those winter nights shortly coming

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast