Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Build A Tiger Tank issue number 1 50p

Article about: I was just wondering if anyone had brought this magazine? and what your thoughts are about it

Default Re: Build A Tiger Tank issue number 1 50p

OK, let's look a little more closely at this.

The model is complete in 140 issues, so, allowing for the stated free issue and couple of discounted issues, that's going to cost you 692.11GBP!!

When you sign up for the model you get your first binder free but you are charged 5.99GBP for every one thereafter. Let's say 20 issues per binder, that's another six at 5.99GBP, total cost 728.05GBP!!!!

Free gifts include a couple of DVD's like you get occaisionally in the 'Daily Mail', two pots of paint (Wow, it's gonna look great!), and some truly crap tools that can be purchased at any street market/Pound shop for less than 3 quid ( Hmmm...yeah baby!! That tape measure and combined spirit level's really going to come in useful here!!).

Am i being facaetious, yeah probably, but the facts are you are paying nearly three quarters of a grand on a model that will be worth jack **** when you get to finally receive the 140th issue in May 2013!! And believe me, if any parts arrive broken, or don't arrive at all, you try getting them replaced, you'll be lucky, but you'll still be direct debited every month on the dot. These types of 'partworks' are often delivered several months late, have been extended in some cases by a further 30-40 issues (that of course you are by then obliged to buy), and have been in some cases, cancelled without notice!! You've then got to get your money back, and that can take so long that many just write it off.

All I'll say is buyer beware, remember the 'Titanic' partwork they bought out several years ago? That series cost over 800GBP including the binders, a complete set UNOPENED, sold on ebay for 72.31GBP only a couple of months back.

Before you go ahead i would suggest that you check out complaints about these 'partworks' on the net, for every good word there's a hundred bad. You decide, personally i'd go for the diecast/resin 1 16 scale 'Forces of Valor' series for less than 400 quid, at least you can see where your money went.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Wise words Ned

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    OK, let's look a little more closely at this.

The model is complete in 140 issues, so, allowing for the stated free issue and couple of discounted issues, that's going to cost you 692.11GBP!!

When you sign up for the model you get your first binder free but you are charged 5.99GBP for every one thereafter. Let's say 20 issues per binder, that's another six at 5.99GBP, total cost 728.05GBP!!!!

Free gifts include a couple of DVD's like you get occaisionally in the 'Daily Mail', two pots of paint (Wow, it's gonna look great!), and some truly crap tools that can be purchased at any street market/Pound shop for less than 3 quid ( Hmmm...yeah baby!! That tape measure and combined spirit level's really going to come in useful here!!).

Am i being facaetious, yeah probably, but the facts are you are paying nearly three quarters of a grand on a model that will be worth jack **** when you get to finally receive the 140th issue in May 2013!! And believe me, if any parts arrive broken, or don't arrive at all, you try getting them replaced, you'll be lucky, but you'll still be direct debited every month on the dot. These types of 'partworks' are often delivered several months late, have been extended in some cases by a further 30-40 issues (that of course you are by then obliged to buy), and have been in some cases, cancelled without notice!! You've then got to get your money back, and that can take so long that many just write it off.

All I'll say is buyer beware, remember the 'Titanic' partwork they bought out several years ago? That series cost over 800GBP including the binders, a complete set UNOPENED, sold on ebay for 72.31GBP only a couple of months back.

Before you go ahead i would suggest that you check out complaints about these 'partworks' on the net, for every good word there's a hundred bad. You decide, personally i'd go for the diecast/resin 1 16 scale 'Forces of Valor' series for less than 400 quid, at least you can see where your money went.

Regards, Ned.
    well said mate

Thanks for sharing, its always intresting to hear everyones say

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2