Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The bunker 1981

Article about: Hi all I've never heard of this movie before. Looks good though. Must buy it when I have the occasion... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bunker_(1981_film) Greetz Nick VR

Default The bunker 1981

Hi all

I've never heard of this movie before. Looks good though. Must buy it when I have the occasion...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bunker_(1981_film)

Greetz

Nick VR

Default Re: The bunker 1981

I Think this was a Brave attempt way back then! To make a Film about such a Tabo Subject. Anthony Hopkins! Will always be a Meat eating Actor for me

I've seen it before but was a long time ago. I do remember it was a nice viewing though. Now the one that had Alec Guiness in it-was OK but not great. If you want one that was well-made but not super accurate is a movie called: Hitler-with Richard Basehart as Der Fuhrer. Basehart gave one hell of an excellent performanceand this movie also shows what a ""Wolf"" Hitler could be and he chases Gelis "skirt" during the movie.

Yes, i remember seeing that movie but unfortunately don't remember if it was good or not.

One note worth aspect of Anthony Hopkins role are his hand jestures which come pretty close to Hitlers arm/hand motions. Anthony Hopkins is the man.

Ty

Quote by kungfuty View Post
    One note worth aspect of Anthony Hopkins role are his hand jestures which come pretty close to Hitlers arm/hand motions.
    There is , as I recall, one scene where DF pitches a hissy fit when he finds out that Steiner(?) has not been successfull in coming to the aid of Berlin and Df finally admits it's all over and he rails about how he's been betrayed and let down by the Whermacht leadership - fabulous acting on the the part of Hopkins.

What would you expect from an Englishman playing a Nazi

Thumbs up Re: The bunker 1981

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    richard basehart, now your going back voyage to the bottom of the sea loved it as a kid. ,,,,,,viewed the trailer of hopkins, sh2t from china springs to mind,,, far fetched
    That sure was a great show was it not? Also, Richard Basehart and Sir John Mills, are my two all-time most favorite Actors. One an Ami, the other a Brit ;-)) You could always bet on it that anything they both appeared in-would be that much better just because they were in it.