Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Buying advice - where to post?

Article about: Hi, I'm trying to buy my first Third Reich militaria (I have already some pre-war stuff), but, being a newbie, I'm afraid I'll buy some repro. I'm interested in some pieces announced at the

Default Buying advice - where to post?

Hi, I'm trying to buy my first Third Reich militaria (I have already some pre-war stuff), but, being a newbie, I'm afraid I'll buy some repro. I'm interested in some pieces announced at the classifieds here. Would it be ok if I posted a topic asking for advice on whether a piece is legit or not?

If so, in which section should I post it?

Thanks, guys!

BTW: what those red backgrounds on some ads mean?

If I understand what you mean by "red background," someone posting an advertisement has the option to "highlight" the ad, and if they chose this option than it makes the ad appear red. Doesn't mean anything special. An attention grabbing thing. What kinds of wartime items are you looking for? That would dictate where they should get posted.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    If I understand what you mean by "red background," someone posting an advertisement has the option to "highlight" the ad, and if they chose this option than it makes the ad appear red. Doesn't mean anything special. An attention grabbing thing. What kinds of wartime items are you looking for? That would dictate where they should get posted.
    Oh, I thought it meant it was on hold or sold.

I'm looking for medals. I think I'll start with a EK2 and, maybe, something else. Not sure yet.

Quote by Souljacker View Post
    Oh, I thought it meant it was on hold or sold.

I'm looking for medals. I think I'll start with a EK2 and, maybe, something else. Not sure yet.
    Please be sure to post in the appropriate section for opinions BEFORE you lay out any hard earned cash.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)