Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Buying from classifieds

Article about: Hey guys, only been a member for a little bit, but noticed there are ad's for people to sell items on the page, is it safe to buy these items, they are legit/real right?? is it safe to buy t

Default Buying from classifieds

Hey guys,

only been a member for a little bit, but noticed there are ad's for people to sell items on the page, is it safe to buy these items, they are legit/real right?? is it safe to buy them this way?? and lastly how do we pay??

Would love to hear from anyone who has bought items from the below forums and hear how well it went or bad of course.

Will hopefully be able some pictures of my little collection up on he for people to see (not for sale of course lol) :-)

Cheers,

John

Default Re: Buying from classifieds

John

Like all items, if you are unsure post it on the relevant forum and get opinions on it, Mods will have a look at the classifieds if they can but they also have jobs to do etc. I wiould say most items are 100% but as I have said again and again get opinions
    Ben

G'day John and welcome! As with anything else it is a case of buyer beware, however, you can ask the forum their opinion of any item on the classifieds and you will get a very good indication as to it's authenticity. There is not much that slips past the eagle eyes of the members and moderators here, if there are copies or fakes in the classifieds they are generally not there for long before someone picks them up.

I've bought and sold a few things on the classifieds.

The WRF community usually does a very good job of keeping an eye on things there and flagging any items that may be fakes. If you find a suspicious item that hasn't been discussed in the forum yet, you can always post a thread about it for discussion.

To buy, all you do is contact the seller via private message and make a deal. You set up the cost of the item, method of shipping, and cost of shipping. I've paid and collected money both via money order, and paypal... and then you just play the waiting game!

Can't wait to see some pics of your collection! Welcome to the WRF, btw!

Thanks for the fast replies guys, talk about lightning fast :-) well i was eyeing of one of the hilted youth knifes in the classifieds but as i have spent a little too much this month will now have to wait :-( but i will get one one day. Maybe i can convince the wife to get me one for Xmas lol

Quote by lfcozzie View Post
    Thanks for the fast replies guys, talk about lightning fast :-) well i was eyeing of one of the hilted youth knifes in the classifieds but as i have spent a little too much this month will now have to wait :-( but i will get one one day. Maybe i can convince the wife to get me one for Xmas lol
    Good luck, and god speed, sir!

Hi John and welcome !

Good advice here from the guys !

Looking forward to seeing your collection sometime

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem