Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Cadet Force

Article about: I agree with you there Dave some of the best years of my life were spent in the Army cadets I spent every summer away from home on course or as an instructor .I was a member of The Royal Wes

?

Default Re: Cadet Force

I agree with you there Dave some of the best years of my life were spent in the Army cadets I spent every summer away from home on course or as an instructor .I was a member of The Royal Westminister Regiment and The Seaforth Highlanders here is an old photo of me on course in Vernon BC in 1982.
    I am the lad second row from the bottom and the third one in from the right with the glengarry on

Regards Mark K
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Hi Mark,did you wear these RCAC badges ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Hi Pete The RCAC patch that you have top right corner was the one we were using at this time I am not a 100% positive but I do believe the maple leaf style had already being replaced a few years earlier mid 70s.

Regards Mark K

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Hi Pete The RCAC patch that you have top right corner was the one we were using at this time I am not a 100% positive but I do believe the maple leaf style had already being replaced a few years earlier mid 70s.

Regards Mark K
    Both my daughters were in cadets in Vernon,I don`t remember who had which patch,they both went on to serve in the military...Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

I was on course in the camp in Vernon many times Pete it was a excellent place to spend the summer months .
    When I had leave I would go down to Polson park at the bottom of the hill and spend my spare time there.

Regards Mark K

?

I was with 234 Squadron Air Cadets as a kid and loved it , my first expereince of the Military ! Then joined 5 LI , TA when i was 17 closely followed by a call to the God Of War and i joined the Regular Army as a Gunner !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

This thread brings back memories ! ex-Flight Sgt in 1834 (Harpurhey) Squadron ATC, 1969-1974.
    Senior cadet badge/ATC & RAF marksman & Glider qualifications.. ......Ah those were the days !
    Prost ! Steve.

Hi

Its interesting to hear about all of your experiences in the cadets!

Thanks

Cameron

Hi

Last parade night I finally got my uniform....now how do I turn on that iron?

Thanks

Cameron

Show us the pics ! I like the new uniforms , better than the ill fitting tunics from the 1950;s we had to wear

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast